• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Anyone have/used a KaBar BK2?
    From my observations and handling of both knives at the same time, I am thinking that the durability would be the same. Granted the handle material
    is, in my opinion, better on the ESEE 5. So, what say you INGO?
    And, any suggestions on altering the finish on the BK2 to get a better gripping surface?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Anyone have/used a KaBar BK2?
    From my observations and handling of both knives at the same time, I am thinking that the durability would be the same. Granted the handle material
    is, in my opinion, better on the ESEE 5. So, what say you INGO?
    And, any suggestions on altering the finish on the BK2 to get a better gripping surface?

I am sure KnifeLady will be able to help you out on picking up a BK2 and others have more knowledge than me. However, you can get the micarta handles for the BK2 if you like the ESEE grips.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Thanks for the info. Are you referring to the accessory grips shown on the KaBar website? They list for $40 plus $8 shipping.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Ya, I know they have them but if you check around individuals also make custom type grips for them. I have seen them in cocobolo wood as well. Knife Lady on here may be able to order the BK2 with different grips than the regular grips that most have. I like the Becker knives myself but can't stand the stock grips and love the micarta grips on the ESEE knives.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    [ I like the Becker knives myself but can't stand the stock grips and love the micarta grips on the ESEE knives.[/quote]

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:
    You took the words right out of my mouth!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Yep I just sold my last Bk2 I had in stock today at the Alexandria show to an INGO member. :D

I still like the ESEE 5 the best. I am not fond of the slick handle either.
    This is just me but I like to buy my knives just as they are. I do not want to start modifying a knife. I either buy it as it is or I dont but that is just me.
    Don't forget boys we make really easy too afford the more expensive knives with oour new lay-a-way plan.:rockwoot:

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Dang, Knife Lady, out of stock on the BK2. When are you getting some more in stock?
    By the way, would like to see an AAR on your recent acquisition. ;)

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    +1 BK2

I bought a BK2 from Knife Lady a few months ago and love it. I agree the handle does not look great, but it fits my hand really well and is comfortable. Great knife and a great deal from the Knife Lady.

picture.php

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    The Companion is a great knife, I pulled the grips and made a new set, I've seen a few guys pull the grips and wrap with leather, and use it as-is.

Top Bottom