• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    Bought a AR15 a few months ago and finally got around to shooting today.

My friend CPT Nervous and I went to Midwest where we shot both of our new modern sporting rifles.

I have a DoubleStar Upper and a RRA Lower with the 2 stage trigger.

It shot extremely well and I love that trigger it feels incredible compared to the military trigger that im used to.

Anyways i put about 100 or so rounds through it, WPA 55 grain and TulAmmo 55 grain, and had no problems at all until my last mag and i had a failure to extract and it would extract at all, ended up having to take the cleaning rod and ram the stuck casing out. BUT other than that, I had a exceptional time and I am very happy with my first modern sporting rifle.

Also CPT Nervous got to shoot his USED SW5, and after about 3 and a half magazines he was having a failure to extract as well and after further review he noticed that his ejector lever had broken making him quite angry, really angry, dinosaur angry.

All and All it was a wonderful day great shooting minus the mishaps. :D

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Now that the English class is over :-) I have a Doublestar upper and have issues with steel case FTE's I am amazed it took that many rounds to stick! I avoid it now. It's a issue that my buddy has with his RRA AR15 so he avoids it as well. Beating it out with a cleaning rod is not fun!

Nacho Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I tried 2 boxes of tula in my dpms. Same problem. 3 stuck shells out of 40rds:xmad:. I had to borrow a cleaning rod from the front counter guy to punch em out. Then I shot a box of pmc bronze, and ae223 w/o problems.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I had an M&P 15 that would stick with tula, I think it has a lacquer coated case and they get hot and stick. Since then I've moved to a different upper and only shoot brass with no issues

Top Bottom