• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    Doc, he is from the bayou state. If I remember right he came up here after Katrina, but still has his Dad hot shot the seafood from the gulf weekly.

Papa is a perfect example of what a true cajun is.

Yeah. I actually got to talk to him for a quick second. He said he's from the east side of New Orleans.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah, Art's having a problem with keeping up with everything. He needs a publicist for all of the attention he's getting right now.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I heard about this story this orning on my way into work. Work hard and good things will come. Our society needs more of this type of thinking. Kudos to the business owner spotting a possible asset to his workforce.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Apparently, Papa and his new employee got stopped by TSA at the airport. Guess they were on their way to a TV gig and the TSA goons didn't like the kids t-shirt. From Facebook:
    Papa Roux
    Sh*t just got real. Jhaqueil DamianJoel Reagan was just taken aside for interrogation. The reason? Because when he removed his jacket per TSA regulations, the back of his shirt read:

NOW WOULD YOU
    KINDLY PUT YOUR
    @%$#&%
    FLAG DOWN?!?

Luckily, one of the TSA guys watches TV and recognized us and allowed me to explain.

Folks, I wish I was making this up. As creative as I may be, I'm not THAT good.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I hope this doesn't make it even harder to eat there.. Love the place but it gets crammed!

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Papa posted that he was going to be on Greta last night as well.

I've known him since before he opened the Roux, he and his wife are great people.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I read that the City Market location closed. Is this correct? I've never been, but I'd like to. Apparently the 10th and post is the only location. Just thought I'd put this info out there for those that mentioned the City Market location

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    After reading this post, I took some of the guys at work there for lunch last Friday. All I can say is wow! A couple have been fans of Yats and to say they were impressed with Papa Roux's doesn't come close! The food was fantastic and it was standing room only. We will definitely be back.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    That is defintely a young man I would hire. What an example.

We have so many young people and adults that wouldn't walk 2 blocks to find work. Sad part though is they would walk across town for their "entitilement" check or half way the county for their next fix.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Nice to see a feel-good story like this. Too bad they're few and far between as the media would rather report death and destruction every day.

Good for Papa and good for this young man!

Top Bottom