• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Okay so I'm completely unfamiliar with anything class 3 related.....

If I have a friend who has a class 3 item (suppressor) and I want to buy it.....

Would it be unlawful for him to sell it to me without me having a tax stamp on the item?

Is possession of a class 3 item (suppressor) without a tax stamp illegal?

Any advice/insight/info would be greatly appreciated :patriot: :ingo:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    He can sell it to you, but you are not allowed to take possession of it until you have your stamp in hand. That means you give him money and he holds it for four months for you. If HE has no stamp for his own ownership of it, RUN FAR AWAY.

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Ty Scutter.....

Say I was to go that route..... What would keep him from selling the item to someone else after I had given him the money for it?

Granted for something of this nature I would absolutely have to have a sales receipt of some kind....

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ty Scutter.....

Say I was to go that route..... What would keep him from selling the item to someone else after I had given him the money for it?

Granted for something of this nature I would absolutely have to have a sales receipt of some kind....

The paperwork you would file would have the items serial number on it, it would be the ultimate proof of sale... so to speak, lol.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The paperwork you would file would have the items serial number on it, it would be the ultimate proof of sale... so to speak, lol.

:+1: Our friends at the ATF would have some serious questions for your friend if they saw two Form 4's from two different people for the same serial number hit their desk.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana

If he's a friend, I would hope that wouldn't even be a question...

But I assume this is a hypothetical situation, if you have ANY doubt in a situation buying something like this, purchase it elsewhere. There are plenty of suppressors out there for sale, spending the extra money to buy from a business for the security, might be worth keeping your butt out of the slammer.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Okay so I'm completely unfamiliar with anything class 3 related.....

If I have a friend who has a class 3 item (suppressor) and I want to buy it.....

Would it be unlawful for him to sell it to me without me having a tax stamp on the item?

Is possession of a class 3 item (suppressor) without a tax stamp illegal?

Any advice/insight/info would be greatly appreciated :patriot: :ingo:

Get a bill of sale along with sending in the Form 4. Note once you get the suppressor, you can't loan it out to friends and family with out you being there.

Top Bottom