Possible lever action swap. opinions please?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    A friend of mine is wanting my marlin 1894 357/.38 lever action. It is in what I call better than average condition. It was made in the early to mid 90's with the JM barrel stamp (not a remlin) I have shot this gun and really like it but I have a weakness. I really like the Henry yellow boy. He has a brand new in the box Henry yellow boy still in the box never been shot. I know this cause I was with him when he bought it. I think it was $569. I really like it too and he wants to swap. Also the marlin of mine was his dads gun years ago and has since passed away and for sentimental reason he wants it of which I understand completely. My question is should I swap? My intention is if and when I pass he will get it anyway for the reason of it being his dads. I know I can get a Henry anytime but the non remlins may be tough. Any opinions? Thanks GD

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Hmm? You want his. He wants yours. Yours was his Dad's. He's your friend. Is the only thing holding you back is the model era of the Marlin? You have four for and one against. Now, what kind of friend is he? Down the road, what will make both of you happy? I know what I would do. I have one truly good friend, and having been the owner of a lot of nice things, I'd trade him nearly anything I own. Hope this helps.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    The true Money value is in the Marlin (Much better gun than the Henry IMO) but the other true value is in the friendship. Make the switch,

There are years full of production 1894c's available but it is one gun you do not see often on the used market as they seem to stay with original owners forever.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    I would do the trade due to the conditions you have described.
    If he was not a personal friend I would do the trade only if he added considerable cash to balance the value...In this case abour $300 would bring the values if not equal, at least close.

Do the deal, friends outlast trades in the "What's more important" Catagory !

Gdpudge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    West central
    Thanks for your help. It was in my intentions to give this gun to this friend eventually. He was a young fellar when his dad passed away and he got this gun from his dads estate but him knowing how much I like lever actions he swapped it to me some time ago and I agreed that one day hel get it back. I seem to be his adopted dad now and he is like a son to me so needless to say its going to be his sooner or later. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do yet but I'm thinking if he mentions it again I think hel end up with it. Thanks for your help GD

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom