• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Let me Start off saying I'm a very pro CC. Well this weekend we are having a garage sale today 2 men showed up that for some reason made me more alert and watch them closely. after all the other customers left they approached to pay for some small items they were buying and I could tell they were scoping things out anyway to keep it short when I stood up my shirt had road up and basically made it so I was OC. what was really interesting was how quickly they left. their reaction leaving and the way the were scoping out things as the left pretty much confirmed my suspicions.
    I'm still pro CC but is was nice to know that the just the fact I had a gun possibly stopped something bad from happening.
    :dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    One of the stats that is just so hard to measure. When someone creepy gets a little bug-eyed and skedaddles after seeing you OC, you wonder what they were really up to.

Garage sales bring all types, don't they? Glad yours turned out fine.

BTW: I've hit a few sales this week myself. I wonder what kind of impression I give while OC?

conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    I've thought about the difference between OC and CC. OC is great because it shows people your not a person to F*&$ with. But CC is nice because if you were in a situation like a gas station/bank robbery your not seen as a major threat. If you were OC, you went from bystander to threat to the bad guy. Just my thoughts.:ingo:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've thought about the difference between OC and CC. OC is great because it shows people your not a person to F*&$ with. But CC is nice because if you were in a situation like a gas station/bank robbery your not seen as a major threat. If you were OC, you went from bystander to threat to the bad guy. Just my thoughts.:ingo:
    Stats other than from popular bank heist movies?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I've OC'd in banks and never once has my handgun popped out of its holster and robbed the place while I was there. :cool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've OC'd in banks and never once has my handgun popped out of its holster and robbed the place while I was there. :cool:

I had a PPK that used to try to do that. I ended up having to get a retention hoster to keep it in check. In the end, I decided it was just not a good gun and it's confined to home/range work now.

Sometimes you have to trust your gut feel. The brain might be telling you how you are mistaken, but the gut feel is often more reliable. I wonder how many people over the years have been robbed while knowing something was wrong, but thinking they were being paranoid right up until it's too late to react.

I don't want to turn this into an OC debate, but I do think that the biggest threat to OC'rs are the sheep that panic at the sight of a gun and call the police. I think that has caused more OC grief than all of the "you'll be the first target" instances time 100.

Last edited:

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    maybe they are antigun, and the thought of buying something from you offended them.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    maybe they are antigun, and the thought of buying something from you offended them.

My house my rules if they didn't like it then they were welcome to leave empty handed
    But in this case they did buy a few small things which was fine it was all in the way they acted in this case

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    We have a garage sale once a year when the subdivision does - every time I say never again - but the Wife always sees the need to get rid of junk - I would rather donate.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was working in my garage (only twenty feet away) and a couple of guys were hanging around the neighbors garage sale, and their dreadlock/sideways hat wearing buddy was sitting in the car, engine running smoking a cigarette and looking around. The one up by the cash box said something rude and threatening to the neighbor who loudly commanded them to get the #### out of here. I knew the neighbor was not someone who usually screamed at people like that. I came out of the garage with a handgun and said "you need help, Tom?". The two jerks ran to the car and left. (I never even pointed it at them) We gave the Police descriptions and a partial plate number (it stinks having old eyes). We never knew what happend after that.

It is pretty sad that people will make a broad daylight robbery attempt in a neighborhood. I will not let the Mrs. have a garage sale here, I would rather give the stuff to Goodwill for free than to have danger attracted to my house.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I don't think a lot of the bad buys need to see your gun. They can sense that you are not afraid of them and would not be an easy target. Some are just plain idiots and might try something anyway. I am glad they did not try to rob you and cause you to have to use it. I hope they did not rob someone else that day.

harry1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    South Bend
    Or from the Robber's point of view you could present a threat he had to take care of right from the start. In a bank CC is the best unless you are Security

Top Bottom