• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Pardon the french, but it would be surprising if these ****bag "news" personnel could properly tie their own gd shoelaces, much less show any semblance of accuracy in their chosen profession, so-called reporting. You pretty much have to wait 3-5 days to get any proper factual information... and even still, said info is questionable at best.

Just saw a video with blurb "Fox confirms"... what a joke.
    +1 I second that

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have been watching Fox News this evening. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

When are we going to get serious about removing the soft targets in this country? Violence has to be stopped with counter violence.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Absolutely sick over this. I have a 6 year old kindergartener sitting on the couch with me as I type this. I gave him a few extra hugs this afternoon. Cannot imagine what those parents are going through tonight.

As for the need to find blame here(which everyone on all sides seems to want to do) I lay it squarely on the shoulders of whomever gave him access to those guns. Connecticut has some pretty stringent purchase laws and since this kid was only 20 he did not buy them legally. And if the rumor is true that his mom purchased them she was not compliant with already existing laws.

"Any person who is twenty-one years of age or older may apply to the Commissioner of Public Safety for an eligibility certificate for a pistol or revolver. The Commissioner must issue this certificate if the applicant may lawfully possess a handgun under state and federal law, and has successfully completed an approved handgun safety or training course. The applicant must be fingerprinted and pay all appropriate fees ($35). The certificate is valid for 5 years. The Commissioner of Public Safety must be notified within 2 business days of an address change.

A certificate of eligibility for a handgun does not authorize an individual to carry a pistol or revolver.

It is unlawful to sell or transfer a handgun to any person who is forbidden to possess a firearm under state or federal law, or to a person under 21. However, a handgun may be temporarily transferred to a person under 21 for target shooting under the immediate supervision of a person eligible to possess a handgun and such use is otherwise permitted by law."

Not tha it matters to those already going off the deep end but laws were in place to prevent this. The fact is bad people (or mentally sick people.....or horribly negligent parents) don't really follow the rules very well.

JustinCase

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Greenwood
    Pardon the french, but it would be surprising if these ****bag "news" personnel could properly tie their own gd shoelaces, much less show any semblance of accuracy in their chosen profession, so-called reporting. You pretty much have to wait 3-5 days to get any proper factual information... and even still, said info is questionable at best.

Just saw a video with blurb "Fox confirms"... what a joke.

My wife has been following this live from the beginning. The story changed so many times she lost count. They are in such rush to be the first to break the news that they don't even bother to verify it.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    We all love our cars. They are useful, help us to be productive, and are a cherished hobby and national pastime. Cars are a large part of American culture and we all have at least one fond memory of our childhood or teenage years with a car. Whether a car show with our dads or our first car as a teen, we can all remember a time when we admired a car. Now take a car, add someone fueled with emotion, and liquor, speeding down the highway. They plow into another car and kills a family. Tragic undoubtedly. But do we blame the car? Had it not been there, the family wouldn't have been on the road, the bad guy wouldnt have been on the road, no problems. But we don't blame the car. We don't take the car from everyone that loves them, treasures them, and uses them responsibly. We hold the person responsible. Just as we should with guns.

The second amendment was created as a way for the people to safe guard themselves against a tyrannical government. It is meant to be a way for the people to protect their way of life, the things they love, and their homes and families. It is what keeps the government from taking liberty and freedom away from the people. Look at all the terrible things that happened in history when any country took away its people's ability to protect itself... The holocaust being one of many. The truth is, tighter gun control won't keep bad things from happening to good people, it will keep good people from being fish in a barrel to the bad guys. Places that encourage their citizens to bear arms have lower crime rates, not higher ones. Just google "Kennesaw Georgia gun law" and you will see what I mean. Two decades ago when they passed a law mandating that It's citizens carry guns, crime rates dropped some 89%. Why? Because criminals, especially like the one that caused today's tragedy, are cowards. They pick the easy target, and when they can no longer easily identify the sheep from the wolves, they aren't so poised to strike.

Guns are not the problem, and less of them isn't the solution. Less will only cause more problems. For bad guys, places where people are unarmed and think they are safe
    (Like schools) are a hunting ground akin to shooting fish in a barrel. They don't go into a precinct shooting, where others could retaliate. No, they look for the easy targets that make them feel like they have the upper hand. But in shootings like the Aurora shooting and Virgina Tech, imagine how different things could have been if just one good guy that was competent with his weapon would have been there. Now image many good guys that were competent with their weapons.... Would have been a much different outcome.

"The only way evil can prevail is for a good man to do nothing...."

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I just can't even bear to read through this whole thread. I don't even want to watch any TV right now.

Seriously, I would lay down all my guns and cut off my trigger finger if it would have stopped this from happening.

Problem is .... that doesn't work.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    Sadly people will all try to push for more gun control... which was proven to be ineffective in this case.

We SHOULD be focusing on school SECURITY! I got an email from my children's school and the district in which my wife teaches. All touting their security plans as being developed by national experts etc. My wife's district went so far as to say they can't disclose them because it would compromise the effectiveness... BS! They all have the same plans... lock glass doors and put a receptionist at the door. When the SHTF they announce it over the PA (some in code) and everyone hides in the corner of the room or under the desks. Yeah, really effective.

So angry.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My wife just asked me a rather keen question.

"Why do these shootings never happen in the inner city schools?"

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Absolutely sick over this. I have a 6 year old kindergartener sitting on the couch with me as I type this. I gave him a few extra hugs this afternoon. Cannot imagine what those parents are going through tonight.

As for the need to find blame here(which everyone on all sides seems to want to do) I lay it squarely on the shoulders of whomever gave him access to those guns. Connecticut has some pretty stringent purchase laws and since this kid was only 20 he did not buy them legally. And if the rumor is true that his mom purchased them she was not compliant with already existing laws.

He killed his mother before he left their shared home. Not sure how much choice she had on giving him access. I have my guns in a large safe but I also know that if my parent had one when I was younger I would have found a way into it. The little lock boxes they did have were certainly no secret to myself or my brother.
    I have read they were the mothers guns but have not seen anything saying that she purchased them for him.

Nmathew24

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I work at Methodist not sure what station one of my patients had on, but I heard one lady who worked for the school say in an interview "Why would this happen hear... its a small school in a small town." Goes to show anything can happen anywhere-anytime.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And what would be the answer to your Wife's question??

I would like to know myself..Bill.

Well I didn't know either, but she said someone would probably have had a hidden weapon that might have prevented some of the carnage.

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Even on Jay Leno there is a guy talking about how we need gun control! "we don't need magazines so big you don't need to reload" Can we not take at least 24 hours to mourn before this stuff starts?! He keeps talking up the Brady Campaign like they are saints!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    it would be surprising if these ****bag "news" personnel could properly tie their own gd shoelaces, much less show any semblance of accuracy in their chosen profession, so-called reporting. You pretty much have to wait 3-5 days to get any proper factual information... and even still, said info is questionable at best.

If they were any good at precision they would be engineers not news personnel.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As for the need to find blame here(which everyone on all sides seems to want to do) I lay it squarely on the shoulders of whomever gave him access to those guns. Connecticut has some pretty stringent purchase laws and since this kid was only 20 he did not buy them legally. And if the rumor is true that his mom purchased them she was not compliant with already existing laws...

I place the blame squarely on the SHOOTER.
    It doesn't matter if he was 20 and illegal, or 45 and legal.
    HE pulled the trigger.

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    Living in Hammond I only see Chicago news and I can tell you that shootings at inner city schools occur immediately outside the schools because they have metal detectors and cops or securirty at the school. Chicago police are now assigned to funerals of slain gangbangers as well because of retaliation by other gangs

RolanNRA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    Hammond
    So if you choose to you might say that they still do happen in the immediate vicinity of the school either on school grounds or a half block away

Top Bottom