• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StorminJason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Bloomington
    Was just told that people who are upset or fearful about the election are panic buying ARs at local gun stores?
    1. Do you think that's true? (please share observations)
    2. Isn't such behavior a little overblown?
    3. If you could only buy 1 gun post election, what would it be?

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    AR panic buying has been going on for a few years now.

^^^True.

And to answer the OP, I don't think it'll last this administration has enough going on with same sex marriage and a destabilizing Western-Asia issues to start trimming the Constitution.

Ammo is going to go up like it did last time. But it'll come back down when the doomsdayers stock up and the demand isn't as high. Like last time.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    This happened last election. Gun owners freak out, hoard, and prices climb with demand. We are our own worse enemies when it comes to availability and price spikes.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Was just told that people who are upset or fearful about the election are panic buying ARs at local gun stores?

1) Yes. We sold 10 stripped lowers in a day and a half, and have numerous bare spots on our AR rack where previously there were rifles.

2) Probably; I think there is very little chance right now of anything happening legislatively with regard to a gun ban. BUT we see such behavior just about every time some dumbass politician opens his mouth about it; I think some folks are just looking for an excuse to justify buying more guns (not a bad thing).

3) Are you looking for suggestions? :)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    1) Yes. We sold 10 stripped lowers in a day and a half, and have numerous bare spots on our AR rack where previously there were rifles.

2) Probably; I think there is very little chance right now of anything happening legislatively with regard to a gun ban. BUT we see such behavior just about every time some dumbass politician opens his mouth about it; I think some folks are just looking for an excuse to justify buying more guns (not a bad thing).

That reminds me do you still have the Zastava PAP rifles and/or Pistols instock?

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio

1.)Well, from my little experience, I believe it is. My boss emailed me today asking about AR-15s, and said he needs to find one soon. He didn't directly say say it was due to the election, but he also hasn't show interest in them before.
    2.) ...yes
    3.) Ar-15, since it just so happens to be the next gun on my list.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    1. Yes. My Aussie brother in law who lives in rural upstate NY emailed today that he just bought a S&W ar15 & a Mossy 500 20ga. Asked me where he might be able to find reasonably priced 223/556. Told him to find a time machine and go back to mid-2008... he'd find it there.

2. Yes. Personally think the buying frenzy is not necessary given the status of the House. In reality though, I guess you just never know... the Congress could capitulate since they feel like they've just been beech-slapped by the voting public.

3. .308 battle rifle

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let me just say I'll avoid going to the next 1500 show... And maybe the one after that. I don't have stampede insurance.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    After the Dem's took the Presidency the first time.I remember there was a gun show in Kokomo about a month later, and people were lined up down the isle almost out the door at one vendor who was selling new AR's. This long line was constant for the entire show both days. It was insane.:n00b:

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Yes I bought one 6 months ago, Obama is already in talks about a UN gun deal. I heard it on Fox News so take it for what it's worth.
    No it is not overblown at all.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011

do you guys carry AR barrels? Tried calling but got the busy signal.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    1. Yes

2. Not sure this time, after last election i was one of the ones to rush out to buy an AR in fear id never be able to. Man was i wrong and i spent WAY too much on it. I still love er though. Im gonna wait this one out but ive heard rumors that now that obama doesnt have to worry anymore about getting re-elected he may take the gloves off if you will and put his radical ideas into play.

3. AR10 or M1A

Top Bottom