• BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Good point on the insurance.
    I need to look into that.

I have an unattached/separate building that I use for all my "man stuff," including reloading, storage of ammo and components AND playing my music too loudly.

I have about 22K of various primers, only about 20lbs of my most used powders and about fifteen pound sized, opened/experimental powder types, but (last time I tried to count it all) nearly 90K in lead for all the calibers I normally shoot and load. I have enough prepared brass to run myself out of supplies. I also have many many thousands of rounds of finished ammo ready to go. Some factory, mostly reloaded. Feel good about that.

The guy who made the point to inventory (as difficult as that can be!) your supplies was right on. I honestly do not know what I need to buy next to balance out my supplies, but I generally buy what I can find a good deal on and there will never be a perfect balance. I just grab low priced supplies of the stuff I use and keep looking for decent prices.

I do not consider myself a hoarder, even though I do not shoot nearly as much as I used to, these days. None of what I have will go to waste.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    well I got taught a lesson ,after going mostly to True Blue and Tac for most of what I shoot I now have went a few years not being able to get either powder. The old favorites hard to get too but a pound at a time and its kept me sweating. I wont be caught that way again. will 16 pounds of a rifle powder last 2-3 years if you shoot competition? Bullets/primers were hard to get too .I had to stop shooting matches. Enough is never enough.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    After Sandy Hook, I told myself never again I'd be caught without few years supply of powder. For the past year I have been buying but I set my goal of not paying over $20/lb. Good thing is INGC is close by, I've got 80+lbs of various on hand so far.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    As a few others have said, who cares what others think. Your money and you are free to do with it what you will! I'd be more concerned about the minimum to keep as opposed to the maximum. Powder seems to be the first to disappear with primers right behind it. Bullets are next and then reloading parts for your press like shell plates, dies and such. Have enough on hand at all times where you could shoot uninterrupted for 2 or 3 years. I've got enough powder and primers to do so...next up is a bullet buying spree!

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Just a reminder, an unfortunate event like today in Paris can make all the reloading supplies disappear in a blink of the eye. get them while you can.

Top Bottom