• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    My Hornady Auto Charge gave up the ghost last night after five years of work.

What is everyone's go to powder dispenser? I'd like to get another auto but I'm curious what everyone is using.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Chargemaster for hunting loads and most rifle. I use the Lee Auto drum on the turret for pistol and 556. I have seen the Chargemaster on sale at a few places. If RCBS has any rebate going on you can get them for a decent price.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I'm still throwing the charge manually and weighing on a beam scale.

I couldn't (yet) justify the expense of an auto dispenser. I am getting good results with an RCBS Uniflow.

I weigh at least ten charges and if the weight is stable I just go with that. I re-check weight every 100 rounds or so. Not sure if necessary but it gives me peace of mind.

TxPhred

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Indianapolis
    My Hornady Auto Charge gave up the ghost last night after five years of work.

What is everyone's go to powder dispenser? I'd like to get another auto but I'm curious what everyone is using.
    I have a CHARGEMASTER I don’t use if you are interested, I’m in Indy.

VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    I've been using a REALY old PACT dispenser/scale combo. Bought it 15 years ago and it just keeps working and working and...

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Auto trickler. It's $$$ but by far the best powder dispenser on the market. Makes quick work when .02 gr makes a difference.

That’s definitely my dream. An amazing product. For now, I use the RCBS charge master with the smaller funnel adapter. It does me well.

I had two of the Hornady auto charge and they were just garbage, despite me being a Hornady fanboy. I had to reprogram them constantly to get a load to throw right. Haven’t tried their newest offering.

Top Bottom