• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    So I currently have a Lee single stage press and the low end Lee perfect powder measure. I want to upgrade the powder measure to something that is a little higher quality but also want to look into one that could possibly mount on top of the single stage press. I have seen the Hornady CAPD and it seems interesting.

Would I have to buy Hornady dies for this to work (currently use Lee dies)

Is there something else out there that does the same thing that could mount to a single stage press?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    So I currently have a Lee single stage press and the low end Lee perfect powder measure. I want to upgrade the powder measure to something that is a little higher quality but also want to look into one that could possibly mount on top of the single stage press. I have seen the Hornady CAPD and it seems interesting.

Is there something else out there that does the same thing that could mount to a single stage press?

I use a hornady Single stage for some wildcat rifle rounds that I load. I use the hornady powder drop but bought the stand to use instead of the press. It is easier to load the cases in a tray that way.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I should add that I typically prefer to charge cases through the die as I am flaring the case mouths, which is why I am looking into a way to mount a powder measure on top of the press. I do think the Hornady powder drop looks like much better quality than my current Lee one though.

Last edited:

Lee S. Forsberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011

I've use a Dillon for just what your planning to do works fine. All you need is an adapter die and a funnel. What cartridge are you loading?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Dillon Precision has those adapters in their catalog

Also check out: gun-guides.com/Perfect-Adapters-_c_12.html, I have never ordered anything from these guys, but they have adapters for about anything you could need.

Last edited:

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I've use a Dillon for just what your planning to do works fine. All you need is an adapter die and a funnel. What cartridge are you loading?
    I primarily reload 45 ACP, but will be reloading 45 colt very soon. Are you talking about the Dillon powder measure adaptor? The Dillon site says it would require the RL450 powder die. Is this true? Also, would I have to buy a Dillon powder measure or is the point of it to be able to use other powder measures?

Leo said:
    Also check out: gun-guides.com/Perfect-Adapters-_c_12.html, I have never ordered anything from these guys, but they have adapters for about anything you could need.
    Dude, great resource for adapters! This opens up so many more options for a variety of powder measures on top of the lee powder die.

Last edited:

Lee S. Forsberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    I primarily reload 45 ACP, but will be reloading 45 colt very soon. Are you talking about the Dillon powder measure adaptor? The Dillon site says it would require the RL450 powder die. Is this true? Also, would I have to buy a Dillon powder measure or is the point of it to be able to use other powder measures?

Dude, great resource for adapters! This opens up so many more options for a variety of powder measures on top of the lee powder die.

If you use a Dillon RL450 powder die you can use any powder measure that will fit The adapter is threaded 7/8 x14. I've used My Redding measure with a RL450 die to charge and flair at the same time. You will need both the die and the adapter and the correct funnel. If you buy one of their automatic measures you will need a 550 die and the correct funnel to charge and flair at the same time.

Lee S. Forsberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Dillon Precision has those adapters in their catalog

Leo,
    Just looked at Perfect-Adapters. Good site!! Thanks for the information.

Top Bottom