• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    okay think i'm gonna get one of them fancy elect. powder measure just don't know which one. Anybody got a good first hand advice on them? Looking at the Hornady, RCBS, Pact, or the lyman. Thanks for any input on them.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I have a Smart Reloader electric powder dispensor. After reading the reviews, I swore off anything from Smart Reloader.... until I noticed the price. I caved at the last 1500 and brought one home.

I've written several comments in threads regarding the Smart Reloading equipment - anyone who has read them knows I was VERY skeptical at first, but have been very pleasantly surprised by their functionality.

After hand measuring its charges, they are all SPOT on. Every charge is accurate, and its as fast a dispensor as the Chargemaster from RCBS. Pleasantly surprised for a $225 powder charger. I recommend them.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have the RCBS electric dispenser and scale. I really like it and very consistent to.
    If your a tweaker you can program the dispense speed as well :)

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I have the Lyman DPS III and it throws charges spot on and is fast too. The older models are slow and not as accurate with some powders (stick for instances) so make sure you look at the DPS III if you decided to consider a Lyman.

I have used the RCBS and worked quite well also. It was just a little slow for my taste, or should I say impatiences!?!?

Top Bottom