• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The main thing that I've prepped for is an electric power outage, since we've gone through several over the years and it's really the most likely disruption to plan for. I heat with a wood stove, we have a generator with plenty of gas laid back, have kerosene heaters and lamps, plenty of kerosene, and we have our food stocks to rely on also. I really don't see how so many people live day to day with no plan or preps for even the most likely problems that might occur.

I'm pretty comfortable that my family could get by with an extended electric power outage lasting for many weeks. I just sleep easier at night knowing that if it does happen, it would be an inconvenience, but not a live-threatening event.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even if China doesnt attack our power grid, its very old and outdated. Just by putting more and more stress on it naturally, we could see blackouts in the near future. Plus solar flares, EMP. Its long overdue for an upgrade. America's infrastructure in general is just in such a state of disrepair but no one wants to spend the money to fix it, even as bridges collapse. There was some talk about this last night on 60 Minutes actually.

Top Bottom