• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I love my HK 45, and Walther, but all of the signs are there that we will get a VP45 soon! This time, I'll wait rather than buy both the Walther and then the HK. Please let it take my HK 45 mags!

I'm hoping to stay patient as well, & really praying it takes the HK45 mags. I know peeps are hoping for 12-rnd mags, time will tell.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm hoping to stay patient as well, & really praying it takes the HK45 mags. I know peeps are hoping for 12-rnd mags, time will tell.

Oh. I hadn't thought of that. It would be bittersweet for sure. It took me a long time to build up to 8 mags on the HK 45, so that would be painful, but it would be nice to have higher capacity. Unlike with my P30 though, I think I would keep my HK 45. I miss the P30. I like the VP9 a lot, but there is just something not quite as good as the p30 felt for me.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I like the VP9, but it isn't as nice as the PPQ IMO, but it is darn close. I'm pretty stoked about this 45 PPQ. 12 rounds is pretty respectable.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I'm in the process of modifying a Glock 30SF so it fits my big hands better. I want a full grip and I have the parts I want. When I'm done it will be my EDC and have 10+1 of 45acp

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    That PPQ .45 just borders on butt ugly and just ok. Ergonomically wise it might really be something to behold but I'd definitely have to shoot one before considering the purchase. At first sight it just doesn't do it.

Super V

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Anderson
    I held one in Chattanooga, TN Tuesday at a dealer show...it feels pretty good. It's the same size of the 9's. It does come with 12rnd mags. Should be a good seller.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I held one in Chattanooga, TN Tuesday at a dealer show...it feels pretty good. It's the same size of the 9's. It does come with 12rnd mags. Should be a good seller.

Was it as ugly in reality as it is in the pics? Still hoping a VP45 comes out before I fondle a PPQ .45

For me, still have my M1 PPQ 9mm, but loved my VP9 enough, picked up another, they are a great pair!

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My first attempt at a hi-cap .45 was the XD. It holds 13 +1 and is a very good gun, but just doesn't feel right in my hand, so I tend to carry my 1911 all the time. I will want to hold one in my hand to see how the grip feels. A Walther trigger in a .45 sounds good.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I have the PPQ45 one fine pistol. Shoots real well and fits my hand like a glove. I also have the 9 and 40 I think the 45 is a little more accurate than the other. They say it doesn't like lead reload due to the barrel don't know just what I have been told. To me this pistol will best be housed in a shoulder holster not to say the my Blackhawk will not work. For the price I feel it is well worth the cost. It came in for 594 +tax.

Sonney

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It would take an engineering degree to explain why the PPQ trigger has what is more than arguably the best stock trigger for a polymer gun. If not for the 4 lbs of (Trigger Return Spring) spring force being applied to the trigger, it would take almost zero lbs to activate a PPQ trigger. Although the P320 and the VP9 have very nice triggers, the PPQ trigger has to be felt during real firing to be appreciated... You should try it sometime.

This guy explains it better than anyone else I've seen...
    https://lanzerbot.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/case-study-ppq-vs-vp9-trigger/

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It would take an engineering degree to explain why the PPQ trigger has what is more than arguably the best stock trigger for a polymer gun. If not for the 4 lbs of (Trigger Return Spring) spring force being applied to the trigger, it would take almost zero lbs to activate a PPQ trigger. Although the P320 and the VP9 have very nice triggers, the PPQ trigger has to be felt during real firing to be appreciated... You should try it sometime.

This guy explains it better than anyone else I've seen...
    https://lanzerbot.wordpress.com/2015/02/08/case-study-ppq-vs-vp9-trigger/

Damn. My lust is waxing.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have the PPQ45 one fine pistol. Shoots real well and fits my hand like a glove. I also have the 9 and 40 I think the 45 is a little more accurate than the other. They say it doesn't like lead reload due to the barrel don't know just what I have been told. To me this pistol will best be housed in a shoulder holster not to say the my Blackhawk will not work. For the price I feel it is well worth the cost. It came in for 594 +tax.

Sonney

where did you find one?

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    ZX Guns at the 1500 had one today, definitely not the same size as the 9mm!
    Yeah I saw that. I did pick it up and it felt good, but not as good as the 9mm. I was also a little disappointed on the look of it. I agree with what others have said that the slide height makes it not look as nice as the 9. Still interested in shooting it though.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah I saw that. I did pick it up and it felt good, but not as good as the 9mm. I was also a little disappointed on the look of it. I agree with what others have said that the slide height makes it not look as nice as the 9. Still interested in shooting it though.

I agree it felt pretty good for a .45 and I didn't expect it to be the same size as the 9mm, i'd also like to shoot one.

Top Bottom