• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    So planning on purchasing here soon a Walter PPQ 9mm M1 version. I am just wanting some feedback from other Hoosiers out there that might own one & what they think of it, form, function & reliability of the PPQ M1. Thanks for all replies.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I had a PPQ M1. It's reliable, accurate, has a great trigger out-the-box. I always found it a bit snappy and you can accidentally, or purposefully, burst fire the weapon if you ride the trigger reset. I could do it consistently with mine, if I tried. Everyone thought I was telling tales, until another competitor caught his own burst fire event on camera. It's not that the gun is actually full auto, just the reset is so short, a broken in trigger so light, if you ride the reset the gun will come back from recoil and pop another shot off.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    Thanks for the info, I will remember that when I get to shoot it. I have a Canik & I compared the 2 trigger, they are about the same. I cannot believe how close the Canik TP9SA & the Walter PPQ M1 are in frames, the internals look the same with just slight differences. even the barrels looke exactly the same except the Canik is about a 1" longer. I cannot wait to shoot that PPQ to compare it to the Canik TP9SA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I had a PPQ M1. It's reliable, accurate, has a great trigger out-the-box. I always found it a bit snappy and you can accidentally, or purposefully, burst fire the weapon if you ride the trigger reset. I could do it consistently with mine, if I tried. Everyone thought I was telling tales, until another competitor caught his own burst fire event on camera. It's not that the gun is actually full auto, just the reset is so short, a broken in trigger so light, if you ride the reset the gun will come back from recoil and pop another shot off.

I've done that with my P99.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Great pistol. I had the PPQ M2 5" for about a year and really enjoyed shooting it. Fantastic trigger and very accurate. Only thing I didn't like about the M1 was the paddle mag release. If you enjoy H&K mag releases, you'll love the M1 mag release. I bought the M2 so I could have the same button style release as all my other guns.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I think it is great I also have the 40 with the paddle. I prefer the paddle over the button the 45 is also a fine gun you can ring steel at 100 yds with it.

Sonney

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have a PPQ M1 & it's a great pistol. After owning a VP9 (3) & shooting both over the last ~16 months, I prefer the VP9. Feels a bit better in my hands, & I like the trigger break better. Reset is much better on PPQ. PPQ is a very fine pistol, mine has been 100% with FMJ & various HP ammo.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    The only ammo to choke my PPQ M1 has been the very wide hollow point tip of Corbon. Everything else has been fine. The trigger is almost too light for my taste. I really like the paddle release and brought a VP9 LE to.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    Range report:
    Took it out the other day put 200 rounds through it. Some 115 grain JHP by Remington, some 115 FMJ Perfecta & some Federal Champion 115 grain aluminum case. It shot flawlessly, was shooting a bit to the left but I discovered that the sights where difted to far left so I did some adjustments, shot true! I do have to get used to a smaller lighter pistol. I was shooting the Canik TP9SA & it is a bit heavier than the PPQ. That trigger is almost like the Canik but there is slight differences but not by much really. I like the Canik also but this PPQ M1 is far better choice to carry than the lager framed Canik.

Top Bottom