PPQ - So good, even an 11-year old girl can do it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I took my youngest daughter to the range today, and I wanted to show off her PPQ shooting skills. Even though she has been shooting various .22 rifles since she was 5-years old, this is the first time that I was able to interest her in shooting a larger caliber handgun. She has been asking about my custom PPQ M2 for a while, and I think that the reduced recoil of the ported barrel finally convinced her to try it.

I have to say that even with the reduced recoil, her wrists are still not developed enough to manage large caliber recoil, but her sight picture management and trigger control are quite good for a first timer.

[video=youtube_share;WUvZTHCg7wY]http://youtu.be/WUvZTHCg7wY[/video]

Happy little shooter!

Here is a video capture of a fireball that erupted from the barrel ports. It can be seen a few inches above and left of the barrel... Very cool!

Proud Dad!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    That's fantastic gglass. I wish I would have made it out there today to see that. May go tomorrow to test a new trigger I just installed.

Looks like she had a lot of fun!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Awesome! Gotta love the ppq, too. I like the port job, makes me want another one, only in 5" with ports like yours. I feel sorry for any BG who wants to face your daughter, that silhouette looks well ventilated!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Awesome.

That reminds me I need to re-up my membership to SJCRC.

Thanks!

Remember that signups are on the 2nd Wednesday of every month... Maybe the pistol pit won't look like such a pigsty by then. With so much snow this winter, it has left months of debris that has just now been exposed.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Awesome! Gotta love the ppq, too. I like the port job, makes me want another one, only in 5" with ports like yours. I feel sorry for any BG who wants to face your daughter, that silhouette looks well ventilated!

If you have the porting done, it really has to be with Mag-na-port. Their Wire EDM process leaves absolutely no burr around the ports. They Quadra-ported mine for $99. I had the extra slide lightening done by Bristol Tool & Die. Great work from both companies!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks!

Remember that signups are on the 2nd Wednesday of every month... Maybe the pistol pit won't look like such a pigsty by then. With so much snow this winter, it has left months of debris that has just now been exposed.

Yep. But I work Wednesday nights. One of the board members lives about 6 houses down from me so I just head over there.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    For Woobie,

Here is another view of the ports in action. The bright daylight conditions are not the best to capture the flame, but you can see that they do what they are supposed to do. This is also what convinced my daughter to try a larger caliber. She knew that the recoil and muzzle flip would be less so she wasn't as intimidated.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    DAD: "Were you aiming at the head the first shot?"

DAUGHTER: "Yeah..."

C'mon dad, you know she was looking to bust the melon on her first shot! :laugh:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    DAD: "Were you aiming at the head the first shot?"

DAUGHTER: "Yeah..."

C'mon dad, you know she was looking to bust the melon on her first shot! :laugh:

Yea, I noticed that. I did not tell her how to shoot the target, only what areas count like the heart, the "X" and head. I can only descibe her shooting style on this outing as a reverse "Mozambique drill". :D

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    For Woobie,

Here is another view of the ports in action. The bright daylight conditions are not the best to capture the flame, but you can see that they do what they are supposed to do. This is also what convinced my daughter to try a larger caliber. She knew that the recoil and muzzle flip would be less so she wasn't as intimidated.

Thats legit. I only see one flaw in your plan. She will never be happy shooting another handgun. After shooting the ppq, especially one with ports, nothing else will ever measure up.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So cool seeing a dad taking his young daughter out shooting.
    Even cooler seeing her shoot the X-ring out repeatedly.
    Well done, Dad!

Top Bottom