• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Anything other than this would just be overkill IMO.

AR%20Accessories.jpg

tacticoolAR15.jpg

P.S. Wrong forum.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think you need to define "practical." What may be "practical" to one user, may be "silly" or "tacticool" to another because they don't have or see a need for it.

Let the mission drive the gear train. If your gun is set up how you want and it works for you, that's all that really matters.

:twocents:

Aaron B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SE MI
    I think you need to define "practical." What may be "practical" to one user, may be "silly" or "tacticool" to another because they don't have or see a need for it.

Let the mission drive the gear train. If your gun is set up how you want and it works for you, that's all that really matters.

:twocents:

This. Define your requirements for the gun, and that will determine what may or may not be practical. If you have a legitimate use for a particular accessory, then it is practical in your application. Accessories start to become unpractical when the user mounts them for reasons other than that (looks, saw it in a magazine, CDI), and don't really understand what they are for.

Total = :twocents::twocents:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Practical = One Flashlight
    Not Practical = Two Flashlights

"Omg is that Chris Costa off the in the distance...I can see his beard from here, is he shooting at me... Its ok man you can have your two flashlig... <twap>"

/dead.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    On a related note, Pat Rogers has a very good article in the current (on newsstands now) issue of SWAT magazine about setting up a "capable" carbine. Good stuff. :yesway:

I found his take on the idea of a "KISS carbine" to be quite interesting. Good read.

Top Bottom