• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'm curious, has anyone here, exempt a police officer on active duty, open carried and had to use their weapon? Or for that matter concealed carry and had to use said weapon? I just see alot stories on here about other people not affilated with this site have to use them, but I don't think I've ever seen a thread where someone here was in a situation that required it. Maybe I just missed the thread or something.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have not had to use a weapon. I have noticed, though, that those who have used their weapon are very reluctant to post data about the event. Possible reasons are PTS issues and legal issues.

The legal issues are a serious matter. I learned recently that a very high percentage of divorce lawyers are using Facebook to gather evidence against their client's spouse in order to gain advantages in divorce settlements.

Some things are best not posted on the Internet:oldwise::twocents:

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    Some things are best not posted on the Internet:oldwise::twocents:

^ this

Also, I am confused about how this thread has anything to do with a specific carry method. If you are interested in who has had to clear leather, why not just title it "Anyone ever had to use their gun?"

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    ^ this

Also, I am confused about how this thread has anything to do with a specific carry method. If you are interested in who has had to clear leather, why not just title it "Anyone ever had to use their gun?"
    ^ This.

But to answer your question. Yes I've had to use my weapon while OC. I was horseback riding with my g/f and mom and we were attacked by 3 rottweilers.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ This.

But to answer your question. Yes I've had to use my weapon while OC. I was horseback riding with my g/f and mom and we were attacked by 3 rottweilers.

^ This. :D

And even shooting at dogs has caused plenty of legal trouble around here.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    ^ This. :D

And even shooting at dogs has caused plenty of legal trouble around here.
    ^This

Ain't that the truth. Good thing the incident didn't happen around there and happened around here. No police involved. If there had been police involvement I probably would have been chastised for not killing all three dogs.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Good part about living back in the woods like I do. If I get attacked by a couple of dogs, no one will hear the shots.

Bad part about living back in the woods; my internet sucks, and sometimes I accidentally wind up double-posting.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Only been carrying for a couple months and havent had to use mine. Have showed it to a few people that were interested, explained to them ho to obtain LTCH, and such but nothing bad. I also take it with me when I run and go biking, as I do a lot of this on rural/gravel roads. I aint getting attacked by someone's dog.

-MColford

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I get the leagl issue of posting online. I dont need details, just a simple yes or no will do. I was just curious what the percentages might be of civilians here in indiana actually using their weapons for their intended purpose was.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I was involved in a shooting, as a witness for the state, (the shooter got 64 years to be bubba's bride). That incedent is what caused me to get off my backside and get my LTCH. If the shooter had been "smarter" or if things had transpired a little differently, he might have shot the witnesses, me and another, and I might be ground temperature now. So that night could have made me go to the darkside of "all guns are evil killing machines and should be destroyed for the good of all" but instead now I have a safe of rifles, shotguns and pistols. I embraced the light of the SA...and self preservation.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I get the leagl issue of posting online. I dont need details, just a simple yes or no will do. I was just curious what the percentages might be of civilians here in indiana actually using their weapons for their intended purpose was.

"Private citizens", please and thank you, Sir. Police are, unless active military, citizens as well.

And yes to both.

Josh

Top Bottom