• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    My oldest son (Michael) is at the National Boy Scout Jamboree at Fort AP Hill, Virginia. We just got a call from him, and he says he had an accident, not to panic, and that the doctor wants to talk to me. The camp doctor gets on the phone, and says that Michael fell, hit his head, lost consciousness for a few seconds (woke up on his own) and has a pretty good walnut sized goose-egg on the back of his head. He says he think's everything is ok, but he has to send him for a CAT scan to be sure. I talked to Michael again briefly, and he sounds ok...

He's on his way to a hospital in VA as we speak. It sounds like it's nothing, but prayers would be helpful, since we're so far away from him!!! We're standing by for updates, but it could be a few hours according to the doctor.

Thanks in advance!

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    is there a "going to the hospital" merit badge?

Ummm....no :) The bad part is, he's part of our youth staff contigent, and is supposed to be working tomorrow!!! The even worse part is he's so far away, and there's nothing I can do. Mom isn't taking that any better than I am.....

It's going to be a long night!

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers; received a call from the doctor about 5:00am, and all the tests were normal; he was released and sent back to Jamboree with orders to take today off and rest, and he can resume activities tomorrow!

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Your son and family are in our prayers. Being relatively new parents (1yr old and 3yr old) we haven't had to deal with things like this yet. I know how it feels when your kids are hurt and you're present, I can't imagine how if feels when you're miles away. Good luck and I'm sure things will work out.

Top Bottom