• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    A few years ago my younger brother was diagnosed with melanoma. Although he'd had numerous biopsies on a strange mole that would get cut out and always reappear he was always told it was benign. By the time he was given the diagnosis that it was cancer he was already well into stage 3. At this point he has cancer in and around his heart and numerous other organs and is considered terminal.

Now we've come to find out he has some "mutant cell formation" that's apparently a good thing. It opens up a door to an entirely different treatment that consists of taking two pills a day. It's still in the test/trial stage but we're told it's been proven very effective against melanoma. Of course it comes with a plethora of side effects but he's already experiencing most of those anyway. At his current rate he most likely will not make it to Christmas. This treatment is our last hope.

At this point in time all we can do is pray that it works. And we can use all the extra prayers we can get.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been down this road personally. I fully understand.
    You and all involved will be in our thoughts and prayers. I will put him in the prayer circle my sister is part of. It is world wide.
    We pray he recovers. Positive thoughts.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Prayers sent.

I had a scary run with a Melanoma last year. Had it (looked like a mole) removed from my chest and then got to reschedule a 2nd surgery because it was a bit deeper than they thought. Ended up being stage 1 instead of the stage 0 that they thought. A year later, I have a scar that is about 4" long on my chest and no further treatments.

I wish him the best.

How old is your brother?

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    Prayers and positive thoughts being sent..let your brother know we are lifting him up...and its up to him to believe and notngive up no matter what!

Top Bottom