• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joesph

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Harrison Co.
    I was wandering if any one knows where I can find a pre 2000 buckmark firing pin. Called Browing and they have discontinued and changed it. They told me all I have to do is to buy an new slide, buy a new firing pin housing and buy a new firing pin and spring. I think for all that I was looking at about $70.00. Midway had an old firing pin for like $3.99. Sold out. Brownells sold out. Same with Numrich. My last option is to just make one and heat treat it.

I really don't want to to change the gun, my dad got it for me in 93, and we have put a lot of rounds through it. Any help?

Thanks.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    If you find an answer to this please let me know!

I am having the same problem. Havent shot the gun in about a year and I absolutely loved it. Was my favorite gun and thought about buying a new buckmark but didn't want to do this for a $3 part!

Edit: If you do make some firing pins, I would like to buy some!

Last edited:

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Brownell's has one listed in stock. Don't know what the part number is you're looking for. it might be the new pin. Good luck!
    http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=21232/avs%7CMake~~Model_1=Browning__Buck%20Mark/Product/FIRING-PIN

This is the not the right pin. You need part # [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]B5152657[/SIZE][/FONT].

I tried looking at Midwest Gun Works, and they did not have them in stock either. See: http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/B5152657

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    This thread has re-lit a fire under my butt about getting my Buckmark fixed. Today I called and ordered the parts to make my pre-2001 Buckmark to work. Before I called them I searched high and low to find a new firing pin to no avail. The parts ordered where a new slide, firing pin assembly and new buffer. Unfortionately all of these parts are on backorder, but at least I have them ordered. The kind lady on the other end of the phone gave me everything at wholesale cost and free shipping since it was Browning that aren't making the parts anymore. Just like every other gun manufacturer customer service was top notch, now why can't other companys have as good customer service as gun manufacturers? :dunno: Oh yeah, cause everything is outsourced to India and made in China. :noway:

Edit: Forgot to mention everything cost just over $60.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom