• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    So I preregistered at this link to avoid any lines at the exhibit hall...2014 NRA Annual Meeting & Exhibits. I thought others on INGO might want to do the same.

The packet came recently and it had my "badge" which is the black Midway USA badge holder with clear window on the front of it but it had no info specific to me on it. It is almost as if they forgot to put my credentials inside the window. The little flier that was also in the package indicated this was my badge and I did not need to check in but it just seems odd.

Anyone in the know about these preregistration badges? Was it supposed to have my info? And with a generic badge holder will I be able to walk right in?

Thanks for any insight

ETA: it looks like the one piece attached to the drawing entry card can be detached and inserted in the badge holder. Still no personal info for me on the badge but it looks like that is what they intend for us to put in the badge holder...?

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I also pre-registered, but haven't gotten my credentials yet. I'll let you know what is in the envelope when I get it. I fear that you are intended to put your membership card in the badge holder, but I have no idea where my badge is so I hope not...

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Got mine late last week. Mine included a Midway US credentials holder, a paper admission badge (that I agree was easy to mistake for other stuff) and some sweepstakes entry cards attached to it.

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    I got one for me and one for my wife. Wife has to work and can't make it. Since the badges are just generic could my brother use her badge or will they be asking for NRA member cards?

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Well, the back of that little blue card with the meeting logo says "This badge is good for admittance to the exhibit hall all three days of the show and must be worn at all times. Do not stop at the registration counters: proceed directly into the exhibit hall."

I cannot see how they will have another level of folks carding or asking for membership ID when that was the whole idea of preregistering.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I tried preregistering. added my badge and clicked the finished adding badges (or whatever that button was called) I did not get a page change, notification, or anything else... did any of you get a notification or something when you added your information? If so I guess i should try again.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    A friend/coworker preregistered for a few things at the convention and ended up with 7 identical passes. I now have 2 of them and was curious as to how they would work. I'll stick my member card in the window of the holder and hope it gets us in quicker.

Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    I pre-registered, too, and got just what you all got. Did seem strange, as I would have thought to receive something with my name, membership number, etc. Like you all, I'll be sure my membership card is in my wallet and hope for the best.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It's just a generic entry pass. They got your info when you registered, providing a member number is all they want. I would guess they are doing this with mostly their own staff so the non custom entry pass seems normal to me. (been to a lot of trade shows both as exhibitor and attendee) Printing custom badges is time consuming and costly. Plus a good number of the attendees tend to be of the "privacy oriented" type to begin with... just sayin'. The only point to a custom badge other than "hi, my name is bob" is for the exhibitors to be able to track you when visiting their booth. Such as, "yeah send me a catalog" and they scan your badge barcode, rfid, etc... The other aspect would be that you can give them to a non family member/non nra member, but they know this and are taking the gable of free advertising in a way and hoping such folks will wind up signing up.
    just my take.
    fwiw, I have also signed up for a seminar and got nothing back on it either email or physical and don't really expect to.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    As you have all noticed, the badges this year are generic. I have been to 4 other NRA conventions and they all had name and some other info printed on them. They weren't even planning on having preregistration this year. My wife called about two moths ago and they said no prereg this year. Then a buddy emailed with the prereg info a few weeks later. I assume they got lots of complaints and decided to do it this year. Maybe that's why the are generic. Just a guess.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I too am disappointed at the appearance of the "badge" to get in. I do prefer the name be printed and the ribbon, if applicable. I called sometime ago and inquired about pre-registering for the convention. They said to just go in and register at the convention. Honestly, I have done that , years ago, and will never do that again. The lines are horrible.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    im waiting for the website to catch up. became a member a couple days ago and the prereg site doesnt recognize my new number yet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For those that got yours already, how long did it take to get yours after you registered? My new member number isnt showing up in the web system yet, and wondering when its too late to bother and just suck it up and go do it when I get there.

Top Bottom