• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    when do you guys break out the estrus scents? I have a buddy who convinced me to try some tinks 69 this year. was gonna wait until early Nov but maybe now? Always hunted for doe but this year my new place has a few nice typical 8-pointers.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    when do you guys break out the estrus scents? I have a buddy who convinced me to try some tinks 69 this year. was gonna wait until early Nov but maybe now? Always hunted for doe but this year my new place has a few nice typical 8-pointers.
    Any time now till gun saeson... IMO

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I all had to work this afternoon but got a tex from a buddy of mine , It read.... "16 does and 2 bucks the bucks got in a fight for about 10 min, and all I had a shot at was the does !!! WTF, after all that and all I had a chance at was the does. lol" So I guess he had a good evening even if he didn't get a shot at one of the bucks... Im off sun. and mon. so I will be spending my days off in the woods and hope I have as much action as he did ????

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Went out Saturday all day. There was a doe that came out and a big bodied 4 point that followed about 2 minutes behind her with his nose to the ground.

There are also 2 good sized scrapes about 75 yards from the blind.

Things are picking up.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Went out Sunday morning. Busted a doe just after daybreak. Good sized 4-point came in about 30 minutes later and saw him chasing and tracking the doe three times in my area over the next hour. I'm bagging squirrels for the freezer so it was fun to watch those two.
    Funny thing is during the couple hours I was hunkered down I fired off four shots (.22) and those dear showed up 30-40 yards from me within 10-15 minutes of the rounds going off. Sure as heck didn't stop bucky from pushing doe all around the woodlot.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I went yesterday late afternoon in my stand and ran the buck grunt and NOTHIN. Not seeing any does moving around my woods either. Figured a big waste of time with the wind today and the full moon last night so I didnt even bother today. We will see what this weekend brings. Im betting next week should be interesting with the week in the high 30's and low in the 20's at night. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom