• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I FINALLY got access to some private land and I am stoked about this hunting season after pulling the memory cards out of the trail cams this weekend. Here's a few of the best shots.

Check these bad boys out! Yee Haa baby! :rockwoot:

SUNP0143_zps7gh1uu3y.jpg

SUNP0195_zpsfobhcwz6.jpg

SUNP0214_zpsnm65orio.jpg

SUNP0216_zpsfv6y9fod.jpg

SUNP0220_zpspvupclkw.jpg

SUNP0370_zpsomincj0v.jpg

SUNP0529_zpss37xekmu.jpg

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Those are awesome bucks! I am seeing a lot of deer on my cameras but they are all small. Nothing like that!

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Anyone got an idea of whats up with this deer? The looks of it definitely make me want to pull the salt block.

OecoJN8l.jpg

Attachments

• OecoJN8l.jpg
      OecoJN8l.jpg
      127 KB · Views: 4

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Anyone got an idea of whats up with this deer? The looks of it definitely make me want to pull the salt block.

OecoJN8l.jpg

Might want to talk to DNR about that one to see if it might have Chronic Wastings. Some people call it blue tongue. Don't know if that's its problem, but sure seems to have a strange color around the head and neck.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    She's shedding her summer coat and putting on her winter. She looks a bit thin but other than that I don't see anything too alarming.

Nice bucks in the OP for sure. Things are looking good for us this year as well, we've had a lot of really nice bucks on the cameras but as always, once the rut kicks off anything can happen. Hopefully at least a few of the big boys stick around.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've got some does on our cameras that are quite thin, but one has triplets running with her. I also have some that have patches that have been shed and hair that is darker in places...again, due to shedding or being wet from rain.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Great pics/bucks!

I just put out my cameras yesterday.. Late, I know but busy with real life this summer. I was told there was a decent buck running around. Guess I will check my cameras in a couple of weeks.

I have had some nice 8pt bucks show up on my cameras in years past and the start of bow season, it was like they moved to another state. Even had a specific buck, I was hoping for show up on camera at 8 am the opening day of bow which I could not due to work so I went the following day and nothing all day. Had multiple bucks and does showing up all through out the day and night. I have tried multiple tatics such as limiting my time on the property, using scent killer and then going the extreme opposite of showing up often through out the year to put some corn out with the hopes that they would associate my smell with corn so that when the season came, they would have my smell and think there would be feed out only to find an arrow instead.

Good luck with your hunt and let us know if you end up getting one of those bucks.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    We have a doe that we normally see strolling around who has twins. She looks about the same built as the above picture. I wouldn't worry. She will bulk up soon.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Those are awesome bucks! I am seeing a lot of deer on my cameras but they are all small. Nothing like that!

Man that is a good looking buck! Hope you get him!

thats the i likem. tall and wide. hope to se a post this fall with one of thoes bucks and you grinning.

She's shedding her summer coat and putting on her winter. She looks a bit thin but other than that I don't see anything too alarming.

Nice bucks in the OP for sure. Things are looking good for us this year as well, we've had a lot of really nice bucks on the cameras but as always, once the rut kicks off anything can happen. Hopefully at least a few of the big boys stick around.

Great pics/bucks!

I just put out my cameras yesterday.. Late, I know but busy with real life this summer. I was told there was a decent buck running around. Guess I will check my cameras in a couple of weeks.

I have had some nice 8pt bucks show up on my cameras in years past and the start of bow season, it was like they moved to another state. Even had a specific buck, I was hoping for show up on camera at 8 am the opening day of bow which I could not due to work so I went the following day and nothing all day. Had multiple bucks and does showing up all through out the day and night. I have tried multiple tatics such as limiting my time on the property, using scent killer and then going the extreme opposite of showing up often through out the year to put some corn out with the hopes that they would associate my smell with corn so that when the season came, they would have my smell and think there would be feed out only to find an arrow instead.

Good luck with your hunt and let us know if you end up getting one of those bucks.

I appreciate the positive feedback guys. I've seen a few awesome bucks in my lifetime while hunting but so far haven't been able to shoot them because I had already taken a buck and had to let them go. Now I've learned to let the smaller bucks pass, but there are never any guarantees that big one is going to come by. I've been waiting for a long time for one of those big ones and still waiting. I'm hoping I get a chance at one of them this year.

The land I just set stands up on this weekend is 134 acres. In addition to that, I guess when it rains it pours, I just got access to another 1000 acres just across the Indiana border in Michigan. So this year just may be the one!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom