• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My great grandfather bought it, gave it to my grandfather and he had it until he died, and my dad just gave it to me... she's a sweet little gun, and she's been used but the action is still smooth as can be. Got the box and papers that came with it too.

I'm told it kicks like a sob cause it has no weight to it... I'm curious to see... :) :ar15:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Neat little pistol, I believe they were made to carry in the vest pocket. Yours is the Colt blue with casehardening, they also had a nickel plated version. :cool:
    Great heirloom.:yesway:

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I found some ammo earlier today... funny how small that stuff is.. You could hide a round under a nickle. It appears tho the spring may be dirty in the mag... the rounds don't want to sit up and feed quite right... Hopefully the spring isn't worn out. Wonder how hard it would be to find a replacement mag.. :/ That wasn't made after the war preferably. (sp?)

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I found some ammo earlier today... funny how small that stuff is.. You could hide a round under a nickle. It appears tho the spring may be dirty in the mag... the rounds don't want to sit up and feed quite right... Hopefully the spring isn't worn out. Wonder how hard it would be to find a replacement mag.. :/ That wasn't made after the war preferably. (sp?)

After production ended, it was made as the Baby Browning. I am not sure if the parts/mags would interchange though.:dunno:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Are you going to carry this gun at all?

If so, use only FMJ loads. No JHP. Due to the slow fps, a JHP only penetrates about 4-6 inches if they expand. An FMJ goes about 8-10. Just a little info for you.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well I thought about getting my g/f to carry this after a short 4-6 month wait for a ltch.. :) Just because of where I got this one, I'd probably buy a newer updated model and use one of those $300 guns vs what I have here... I'd hate myself if I ever let it fall out of my pocket or something and lost it.. :/ I'd rather just avoid it, shoot it at the range a few times and be happy with that. :) But to have another to kinda practice and play around with that was just another gun.. I think it would be a slick little backup gun.. Good to know about the FMJ rounds... Those alone might fix my FTF issues.. I'll poke around and get some fmj's see how they workout.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I would have a hard time carrying a gun that has been passed down from my grandfather. Your option of getting a different one for your gf is a good one.

Top Bottom