• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Has any one used the reloads from Blithes? they are marked precision reloads in a black and yellow box and i am guessing they are remaned in hobart.

Just curious as they seem to be reasonable but not sure of their quailty?
    thanks

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    Dennis @ precision cartridge is a personal friend of mine and a great guy. I have used his ammo for many years with no problems. He sells to a lot of ranges and P.D.s across the country. He uses the same camdex machines as the big boys. Not like it's some moron loading stuff by hand in his basement. It is quality, and who cares if the brass is reused. They are in spec before he puts his name on them. Besides, support local business!:patriot:

Here's a link to his page

Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Dennis @ precision cartridge is a personal friend of mine and a great guy. I have used his ammo for many years with no problems. He sells to a lot of ranges and P.D.s across the country. He uses the same camdex machines as the big boys. Not like it's some moron loading stuff by hand in his basement. It is quality, and who cares if the brass is reused. They are in spec before he puts his name on them. Besides, support local business!:patriot:

Here's a link to his page

Precision Cartridge, Inc. - Ammunition in 380, 9mm, 38, 357 Mag., 357 Sig., 10mm, 40 S&W, 41, 44, 45.

Thank You sir. Thats is always my main goal Just wish we had an independent Grocery store lol. But thanks again Seems like $17.00 for 50 of them is not that bad? Wonder if you could call it Green ammo?:laugh:

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    You're welcome. Check blythes "rules" because last time I was there, you could only buy two packs, AND you had to shoot it there. It may have changed though.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I was there today they just had a limit of two boxes and their sign for range use only was gone. Once the hoopla blows over I want to get a case from precision. Checked their website and their prices were. Reasonable. 380 is the only thing I am low on. But who knew I would really like the Bersa enough to buy one. Really like it for absolute cc.

Thanks again

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Hay, I Resemble that..

"Not like it's some moron loading stuff by hand in his basement"

What's wrong with loading by hand in a basement?? HA HA.

I call mine a "Man Cave"...Bill.

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    I was there today they just had a limit of two boxes and their sign for range use only was gone. Once the hoopla blows over I want to get a case from precision. Checked their website and their prices were. Reasonable. 380 is the only thing I am low on. But who knew I would really like the Bersa enough to buy one. Really like it for absolute cc.

Thanks again

Once the hoopla blows over, hopefully he will start selling to the public and new customers again, because as of right now he is only selling to "established" customers. He is working 7 days a week to fulfill those orders.

Nothing at all, assuming you're NOT a moron! It's the morons I'm worried about! Lol

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    "Not like it's some moron loading stuff by hand in his basement. It is quality"...

OUCH... That's stepping on some toes there in ammunition/RELOADING forum. Granted there are some "Morons" out there, but I guarantee they don't stay, or last very long in metallic cartridge reloading. :)

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I'll preface my next statement by saying I've shot my fair share of Precision Cartridge ammo over the last few years without issue

BUT....

I just had to fix over 200 rounds of .40 that a friend bought at the last 1500 made by Precision Cartridge. Not a single round would chamber because the crimping step had been skipped. The case mouth flare was never removed....

marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    I was a little hesitant at first too but I tried it and haven't had any issues. Picked up 100 rounds of forty five and they all chambered and fired properly same with the 100 rounds of 38 I picked up the other day. About the sign at blythes though "range customers only" I asked one day about it because it seemed like every other time I went there it was gone and I was told they take it down when they stock up and put it up when they get low.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I know a guy who makes precision reloads...in fact, you could say I'm very close to him. :)

I can't help but notice the title of this thread is "precision reloads", but the ammunition in question is made in bulk on the same machines factory ammo comes from. Call me crazy, but that AIN'T precision reloads. That's mass-produced quality, and reloads apparently, but not what any serious handloader would term "precision". Safe, reliable, probably accurate enough for pistol work, but when you start throwing around the "p" word, it's the guys in basements and garages and workshops that make the best ammo. ;)

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    "Not like it's some moron loading stuff by hand in his basement. It is quality"...

OUCH... That's stepping on some toes there in ammunition/RELOADING forum. Granted there are some "Morons" out there, but I guarantee they don't stay, or last very long in metallic cartridge reloading. :)

I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes or insult anyone by any means, so everyone, please don't take it that way.

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes or insult anyone by any means, so everyone, please don't take it that way.

Meh... Don't sweat it on my account. Note the smiley face at the end of my comment. There are some morons that get into reloading, just as there are morons that get into just about everything else. But, reloading seems to weed them out one way or another pretty quick. They either get frustrated that nothing is working the way they thought it would, and refuse to ask or get help, or they damage equipment, firearms, and sometimes themselves and blame everything but themselves.

I just thought it was an Irony to make a statement like yours in a reloading forum where most of us sit in our little designated spaces and crank out one round at a time of ammo that most of us are quite proud of. :D

itsgreg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hudson
    I'm a distributor for Precision Cartridge. I have personally used this ammo for years with out any issues. Because of the quality I offer a full guarantee on all his ammo I sell. Dennis stands behind his ammo 100%. I go to most the Indiana gun shows from Indy north. I try to keep our face book page (https://www.facebook.com/AandGSupply) current on all the gun shows we will attend.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Hey guys...While we are on the topic of Precision Cartridge...does anybody here have any recent issues with their .40 cal? Specifically undercharged rounds? I personally have not noticed anything funny and have always used their ammo without issues, but I have a family member who may think otherwise.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I met Dennis a few years ago and he seemed like a stand up guy, He showed us around the shop and talked to us for about 20 minutes.
    If I didn't reload, and needed ammo I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.
    As far as the under powered stuff, Call him, I'm sure he'll make it right.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

You beat me to it. I was wondering the same. I love reloading..almost as much as shooting.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I met Dennis a few years ago and he seemed like a stand up guy, He showed us around the shop and talked to us for about 20 minutes.
    If I didn't reload, and needed ammo I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.
    As far as the under powered stuff, Call him, I'm sure he'll make it right.

Understood...to be honest I do not think they are underpowered. I shot 100 rnds of precision last night with nice groups out to 50'. I only asked to see if anyone else may have experienced anything different.

Top Bottom