• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Here is my 6.5cm built by area 419. its a bighorn tl3 action, proof research 22" barrel, manners t6a stock and gen 2 razor. 140gr berger hybrids @2760fps
    Do you have a weight on that sweat looking piece of gear? I do some competitions where weight matters quite a bit.

kyledmiller36

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2023
    Fishers
    Post up some pics an info of your precision rifle

Post up some pics an info of your precision rifle
    *Rem 700-6.5 Creedmoor
    -Fluted Action
    -Grayboe Renegade Stock w/ Terry Cross Risers
    -Grayboe M5 DBM
    -Badger Ordnance Tactical Bolt Knob
    -Talley Scope Rings
    -Talley 20 MOA RAIL
    -Harris S-BRM BIPOD
    -Ruger Muzzle Brake
    -Vortex Strike Eagle 5x25x56

Attachments

• 20230715_002236.jpg
      20230715_002236.jpg
      224.4 KB · Views: 15

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    Not sure where this actually belongs as it was built in a DMR roll lol

This was my 20” Compass Lake Engineering CLE chambered 5.56 build that I wanted to shoot out to 1000 with. Seeing guys do it with 5.56 was crazy to me and it really had me hyped up to do something similar when I stumbled across this. Their chamber is super tight compared to NATO & Wylde so bullet selection is key. It was spec’d for 77+ grain bullets and with a 1:7 twist rate it loved it.

Sadly I never got the time to really push myself and travel time killed it for me. Taking a whole day to drive and go somewhere with that distance is hard to do now a days. Maybe sometime in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_9542.jpeg
      IMG_9542.jpeg
      653.2 KB · Views: 25
    Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Not sure where this actually belongs as it was built in a DMR roll lol

This was my Compass Lake Engineering CLE chambered 5.56 build that I wanted to shoot out to 1000 with. Seeing guys do it with 5.56 was crazy to me and it really had me hyped up to do something similar when I stumbled across this. Their chamber is super tight compared to NATO & Wylde so bullet selection is key. It was spec’d for 77+ grain bullets and with a 1:7 twist rate it loved it.

Sadly I never got the time to really push myself and travel time killed it for me. Taking a whole day to drive and go somewhere with that distance is hard to do now a days. Maybe sometime in the future.
    I have one similar. Mine is a Larue Tactical Stealth 2.0.
    Same thing on the category. Being an 18" AR it's more of a DMR or SPR, but it's the "precision gun" of my AR family.
    It loves the Hornady 77 gr TAP, round but I'd never even think of trying to go 1,000 yds with it.
    I suck at wind estimates, and even if I was better, all I could do would be ring steel with it.
    The 5.56 doesn't have much steam left at that range anyhow. Wouldn't be good for much.
    It's not really to extend my range, but to just make more precise shots... at effective AR ranges.

IMG_2872 - Internet Copy.JPG

Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    I have one similar. Mine is a Larue Tactical Stealth 2.0.
    Same thing on the category. Being an 18" AR it's more of a DMR or SPR, but it's the "precision gun" of my AR family.
    It loves the Hornady 77 gr TAP, round but I'd never even think of trying to go 1,000 yds with it.
    I suck at wind estimates, and even if I was better, all I could do would be ring steel with it.
    The 5.56 doesn't have much steam left at that range anyhow. Wouldn't be good for much.
    It's not really to extend my range, but to just make more precise shots... at effective AR ranges.

View attachment 328565
    The definitely have a weird place in my heart, but I just don’t have a real use for them and I feel like shooting at 100 with them is pointless lol That thing is sick though!!

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    Savage Model 10
    308 Win
    Shilen Select Match barrel
    Magpul stock
    Arken SH-4J scope

Just shot it at 100 yards thus far to get it set up. Look forward to seeing how it does out to 500 or 600 yards.

Attachments

• Savage 308.jpg
      Savage 308.jpg
      170.6 KB · Views: 12

Purdue1991

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 19, 2022
    With that barrel and action… I’m curious what kind of groupings it gave you

Still working on getting it set up. It was doing MOA or better on the initial test fires with some oddball loads I had from a previous rifle. I've got a hand load worked up I want to try. I was able to determine COAL and have set my handloads about 0.005" back from that. Should improve the groupings significantly.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I have a ELR question I don’t expect to get answered but it’s worth a shot.

So all the data I’ve collected for spin drift shooting long range rimfire….. if I switch from a 16 twist barrel to a 13 twist barrel…. Will that change affect the data and performance of spin drift at extreme flight times?

Asking for a friend who is having his Bergara B14 trainer rebarreled currently.

My precision rifle since this is a pic thread.
    IMG_2857.jpeg IMG_2856.jpeg
    Remington 37 .22LR from the 50s. Topped it with an EGW cantilever mount for modern optics. Vortex Diamondback 4-16 FFP. This is the only rifle I own that always seems to outshoot me. Almost embarrassing when I see “flyers” because I know it’s me!

Toole

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Noblesville

So all the data I’ve collected for spin drift shooting long range rimfire….. if I switch from a 16 twist barrel to a 13 twist barrel…. Will that change affect the data and performance of spin drift at extreme flight times?

My precision rifle since this is a pic thread.
    View attachment 328665 View attachment 328666
    Remington 37 .22LR from the 50s. Topped it with an EGW cantilever mount for modern optics. Vortex Diamondback 4-16 FFP. This is the only rifle I own that always seems to outshoot me. Almost embarrassing when I see “flyers” because I know it’s me!
    Quick answer, yes that will change your spin drift. It may be YYYUuGE and it may be negligible. Only real way to tell is to shoot ammo you know your previous barrel liked and that you have data for and compare to see the difference with the new barrel. At "extreme flight times", virtually any change in stock, chassis, bedding, barreling, etc will change the flight path and terminal ballistics

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I'd say to enter those specs into a ballistic calculator and see what the difference will be at whatever distance you want to shoot at. I would recommend applied ballistics and if you've got a kestrel just plug the difference in the software and see how big of a difference it makes. It will make a difference, just a matter of how much.

Top Bottom