• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    With flu in pandemic proportions anyone who doesn't stock up on staples just isn't thinking.

You don't want to be forced to go out in crowds because you need a can of beans and with quarantines a very real possibility, being prepared is more important than ever.

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I don't plan on it either, and my daughter isn't eligible so I don't want to get it and give it to her. However I don't think that H1N1 is all it's cracked up to be. So i'll take my chances

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Wednesday was the day the school did the nasal spray thing. My kid said there were only about 20 kids that didn't do it (of which she was one).
    Of course with the power of suggestion, most of the flu snorters think they are now sick and they're snottin' all over everything. Nice.:rolleyes:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I got vaccinated the old fashioned way: I had the H1N1! One of MANY confirmed cases, happened about a month ago. Folks, it is a flu, a bit more raucus than usual, but a flu nonetheless. It isn't going to vote Democrat and eat children and murder folks for money. You get sick for a week, 2 maybe 3 days of actual ouch factor, then you are back online to 100% unless you suffer from a weak immune system. Stop watching the news and paranoia circuit and talk to folks that have had it.

Seriously: Lots of folks are blowing this out of proportion. My doctor said pretty much it is just a really sturdy flu that is a bit more oomph (Flu +P) than normal, the only reason it is killing kids and folks is a combination of lifestyle and weak immune systems.

All in all: Be prepared if you wish for a general emergency, but the swine flu "pandemic" is a bunch of hooey. Why aren't people getting freaked out and paranoia bubbles about their head over the previous few flus we had the past few years? Because the CDC isnt probably grubbing for more money those times and sees where they could get more funding if they really "ham" it up! :D

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I got vaccinated the old fashioned way: I had the H1N1! One of MANY confirmed cases, happened about a month ago. Folks, it is a flu, a bit more raucus than usual, but a flu nonetheless.

Any special symptoms? I'm sick right now, it's like the flu with some god-awful abdominal cramps.

Sorry for the thread-jack.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    All three of my kids have had it this past week (ages 10, 7, 5). It is not that big of a deal. Starts with coughing and a low grade fever. Then a high fever (102-103) for a couple of days max, controllable with tylenol/advill. Then fever breaks and a persistant cough for a couple of more days. There are more people who die from the common yearly flu than have died from H1N1. It isn't that bad. I am suspicious about all of the hype... is it the news looking for a story that isn't there? or is it pushed by .gov for another "crisis" to not let go to waste.

What does it say about our government when we don't trust them about a flu shot? When Costco is not just selling but advertising a 1yr supply of survival food? When you hear advertisements for non-hybrid seeds on the radio? When gold and silver have jumped over the last 2 years to record highs? What does this say about our faith in our govt?...Nothing good :dunno: .

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Any special symptoms? I'm sick right now, it's like the flu with some god-awful abdominal cramps.

Sorry for the thread-jack.

I was laid up due to the horrible cramps too. The biggest thing was the ache, joints, whole muscle groups, you name it (not to mention the pain in my arse! :D ). I went to the doctor, and the doctor said (other than no children jumping on the bed) that if it lasts more than a week to come back. I had 'em draw some blood for testing (just for giggles) and about 3 days later got the call from the doctor with the "good" news (pretty much, my symptoms had began subsiding by then).

It put me up for about a day and a half and I rarely, if at all, take time off due to sickness. Check the UK's CDC site for more information (the US one is horrible fearmongering all over it, barely gives any GOOD information).

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I am much better now, although my stomach is still kinda touchy. Whatever I had wasn't even as bad as the normal flu, except for the abdominal cramps.
    My overall health is good, no high blood pressure or anything like that and I am fairly active even though I am a self-admitted fat guy.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Had to take my 14 yr old to doc today he has got the H1N1 virus (HINEY VIRUS) TAMIFLU script will be off from school for several days . no biggy
    I think its just a bunch of media hype . When you look at the total # of people that get the flu and die every year .

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    While much of the hype is media generated, I thin some is attributable to the fact that, while the overall mortality rate is not substantially higher, the demographic of those affected hardest is atypical. IE More young and healthy folks than normal are sick and, sadly, dying.

I will not be getting the shot or nasal but I am in my early 40's with a healthy immune system and no other risk factors.

My girl;friend got the nasal spray this morning but she is in her 20's and works in a hospital.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    THAT'S GREAT!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter was diagnosed with H1N1 TODAY!
    :rockwoot:

Now everyone in the house has been exposed and she is out of school for the week.

AND it gets even better! The whole lot of us get to be on tamiflu for the next 10 days!

I can't wait!!!!!! :rockwoot: :woot: :banana: :n00b: :facepalm:

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    That Tamiflu is good stuff. But for the price, it ought to remind you when to take it and jump into your open mouth under its own power. I spent nearly $700 at the pharmacy last week.

Top Bottom