• ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Older generation preppers

Today I was at an un disclosed location with undisclosed people. Had at least a years worth of food easy, over 100 gallons of water.

Company was called "thrive" I believe. Was rather impressive.

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Today I was in the basement of two grandparents probably in their mid 70's who jut moved here from the SW part of the country.... Had at least a years worth of food easy, over 100 gallons of water.

Company was called "thrive" I believe. Was rather impressive.

This is why I don't let people in my house. No repair men ect. If I have to because its a utility provider then I cover every visible thing with sheets and blankets. And I watch them like a hawk eying a rabbit. If shtf people will remember where the food and water is. Or might even post about it on the Internet.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This is why I don't let people in my house. No repair men ect. If I have to because its a utility provider then I cover every visible thing with sheets and blankets. And I watch them like a hawk eying a rabbit. If shtf people will remember where the food and water is. Or might even post about it on the Internet.

Yup... My prime preps are in one room with locking doors... repairman comes, doors get locked and somebody is home watching them like a hawk... they need a breaker turned off, I go in and turn it off for them... they don't trust it's off and want to do it themselves? Too bad, that's why you carry a circuit tester right?

briand212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Putnam County IN
    agree put the long term stuff out of sight... my wife is a thrive consultant ,, so we keep the stuff she uses all the time in the kitchen.. the rest (including our canned food ) is put away.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I was watched and your average person I doubt would have realized what it was.... I did not at first.

Figured people would have been impressed that even the older generation thinks ahead.... All well..... Not like I posted names and addresses... Or that I even keep them...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was watched and your average person I doubt would have realized what it was.... I did not at first.

Figured people would have been impressed that even the older generation thinks ahead.... All well..... Not like I posted names and addresses... Or that I even keep them...

It was common for the older generations to store food because they had seen hard times through the depression and then the rationing during wwII. It's the younger generations who have all modernized and become reliant on a weekly or even daily trip to the grocery store or fast food place to get food.

I understand that you didn't have any ill intentions but some people might. Also all it takes is telling the wrong person and they might get robbed. No you didn't give their address but you said they just moved here from the south west and are 70,ish. If someone who was their neighbor seen that they could narrow it down with one conversation. Not good form is all.

Also if shtf and your wife and baby were starving and you knew where food was to save them, no man would do just nothing to save them. So that's why I say to "preppers", hide your stocks from everyone coming into your home!

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I would go one further to say that what we consider "modern prepping" was just an ordinary part of life for the older generations. Not just because of the depression, but because we have advanced technology so much since then.

My grandmother is a perfect example of this. Lives on her own now on a farm and home that's been in the family for nearly 200 years. She has underground shelter and she does her own canning and jarring to store food long term.

A lot we can learn from those generations, even still.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would go one further to say that what we consider "modern prepping" was just an ordinary part of life for the older generations. Not just because of the depression, but because we have advanced technology so much since then.

My grandmother is a perfect example of this. Lives on her own now on a farm and home that's been in the family for nearly 200 years. She has underground shelter and she does her own canning and jarring to store food long term.

A lot we can learn from those generations, even still.

Fully agreed. If the lights went out today I wouldn't look back except maybe for certain medical advantages we have now.

Computers have really dumbed down our society and common sense has almost fell off the map.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    No man is an island unless he just got out of BUD/S training and even then.
    --
    Trust is won not given

No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence

It is impossible to go through life without trust: that is to be imprisoned in the worst cell of all, oneself

There are indeed times when one should trust blindly, just as there are times when one should not. Wisdom consists in being able to tell one from the other.

On the other hand:

Trust No One

Each betrayal begins with trust.

Put not your trust in princes

Trust in God alone, and lean not on the needs of human help. Be not surprised when friends fail you; it is a failing world. Never reckon upon immutability in man: inconstancy you may reckon upon without fear of disappointment

The word FRIEND comes to mind

:twocents:

?

Top Bottom