• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    We still have some stuff left after the sale but we moved a lot. We are in the process of restocking and catching up on orders, just received some Fobus holsters, plano boxes and other items this afternoon. We still have our usual items, mollie gear, stoves, filters, ect. and as always we can order anything you need, just let us know. We are still a Glock Dealer and My wife Kris is a Certified Glock Armorer if you need any modifications done.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    As in 4 bare walls...

So if I walk into wally world and they have no 7.62x39 and that is all I need/want I guess the walls are empty also ?
    How was I able to get 4 AK promags,ammo can and a set of (warm arss) fleece overalls today ?
    Place may be thin on some products but they do have something on every wall I seen
    Maybe they just had what I needed/wanted so I was able to see past then tip of my nose ?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Why don't you show a picture of what the four walls look like just so everyone can see what a joke this place is, I have nothing to gain/lose by putting this place down, I walked in at 1pm the first day of the sale and it was EMPTY, others have said the same thing and that is when the owners decide to actually show up...

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Why don't you show a picture of what the four walls look like just so everyone can see what a joke this place is, I have nothing to gain/lose by putting this place down, I walked in at 1pm the first day of the sale and it was EMPTY, others have said the same thing and that is when the owners decide to actually show up...

Seems that you should be providing the pictures of a retail establishment with no stock.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Again I could care less, I wasted a trip there, no reason for others to do the same, the place is never open even when they say they are, several have made the trip all for them to be closed and the ones that made it when they were open found nothing there to buy.

Those of you defending this place are just making it worse...

Its nothing personal, I will gladly pay more then online to have a trusted store that has prepped supplies, this is just not the case.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Again I could care less, I wasted a trip there, no reason for others to do the same, the place is never open even when they say they are, several have made the trip all for them to be closed and the ones that made it when they were open found nothing there to buy.

Its nothing personal, I will gladly pay more then online to have a trusted store that has prepped supplies, this is just not the case.

You're the one :horse:
    And if standing up for someone I call a friend and small business owner that works another 45+ hr a week job and is able to supply a service as best he can making it worse ? Well then sir I am guilty of a class A Felony !
    If the man was not worth a :poop: then people would not defend him.
    And I'm not trying to throw any gauntlet's down but I would put Walts prepping abilities and knowledge against anyone. And lay some $ on it.

He can do any transfer you need,order anything you need if it is not on the shelf. And ya know sometimes he is cheaper than you can find it online. Kinda like the USMC packs he has for 75.00 and on cheaper than dirt they are 190.00. And some times not.

And people come for classes from much further away than Westfield

You need something drop him a PM, see what he can do for you

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Gee golly, I never thought to CALL someplace before I went:ugh:
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents P!@# Poor Performance
    I've spent many dollars and hours at the shop. Does he have a bunch of stuff? Sometimes but he also is about building a community and a gathering place for people to learn and share ideas. It's a family venture and family stuff, like illness and jobs, come up. If I based all my opinions on 1 visit to anywhere, I'd probably get on the net and slam everywhere I've ever been.

Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    We're planning our education / info sharing schedule for the new year. The big question is what are we wanting to learn about. We will cover all our usual basics - food, water, fire, the fun stuff. Let us know what your interested in or what you can help with and we'll get 2014 planned.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Leadkrm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Indianapolis
    How about something along the lines of tool uses? Like for instance different techniques for using knives or any other tool. I remember being about 17 when I learned about batoning larger pieces of wood with a knife if I didn't have a hatchet or something better suited. Just go over un obvious uses for tools

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I just found an AWESOME survival prep store Indy!!!
    at the 465 & Emerson avenue exit across from fazolis. It's owned by Dave Canterbury who was on the show Dual Survival.
    They are fully stocked, have regular hours and were very nice and very knowledgable. They also have home defense classes and other classes. Also Stock blind horse knives and tops knives and 2hawks tomahawks. Too much to mention!

ALSO! They told me they are signing up to be INGO advertisers!!!

address:

Self Reliance Outfitters
    4723-A South Emerson Avenue
    Indianapolis, IN 46203

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I can't believe I still haven't stopped in for a visit yet. Two of my buddies have highly recommended it but I still haven't found the time yet. Really need to fill some odds and ends in my BOB.

Last edited:

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I had heard they were coming to town a while back on their Facebook page. I think Dave has family in town. They almost always have a presence at the 1500 and he is there occasionally. Really interesting guy if you ever get to meet him. I will have to check them out too since so close.

Top Bottom