• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The FCC is rolling out a program that will allow the the Feds to butt into any broadcast with whatever message they feel like, taking over the entire broadcast. Anytime the President wants you to hear his message he has the power to take over radio and TV stations and shove his message down your throat.

This isn't much different than forcing newspapers to print government messages. It is a brazen attack on free and unfettered press. Even the Washington Post admits this is straight out of Orwell's 1984.

Federal Eye - What is a 'Presidential Alert'?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4ZdbiSLnv4"]YouTube - Obama Launches Total Takeover of Media: Emergency Alert System[/ame]

1984-movie-big-brother.jpg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Emergency Alert System already does this in case you haven't left the basement since like 2006 when the new regulations were established.

The EAS covers AM, FM and Land Mobile Radio Service, as well as VHF, UHF and cable television including low-power stations. Digital television and cable providers, along with Sirius XM satellite radio, IBOC, DAB and digital radio broadcasters have been required to participate in the EAS since December 31, 2006. DirecTV, Dish Network and all other DBS providers have been required to participate since May 31, 2007.

Emergency Alert System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    next thing you know they'll route all internet traffic through NSA black boxes that crawl the raw data for evidence of wrong doing.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Emergency Alert System already does this in case you haven't left the basement since like 2006 when the new regulations were established.

The EAS covers AM, FM and Land Mobile Radio Service, as well as VHF, UHF and cable television including low-power stations. Digital television and cable providers, along with Sirius XM satellite radio, IBOC, DAB and digital radio broadcasters have been required to participate in the EAS since December 31, 2006. DirecTV, Dish Network and all other DBS providers have been required to participate since May 31, 2007.

Emergency Alert System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the WH though? So Dear Leader can just chime in whenever the feeling hits?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There have been many executive orders throughout the last 20 years which do similar things as well. Tyranny has been rolling out on us for decades folks. The hour draws near when they will begin "legally" using them.

God knows that the free media can't be trusted to spread news. It has to come from the King himself using a fascist media takeover.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    next thing you know they'll route all internet traffic through NSA black boxes that crawl the raw data for evidence of wrong doing.

Purple?? I hope so.
    This has been done for a long time. There are bots that sift through every bit information that is posted on the net and in microwave transmissions of phone calls for 'key words and phrases' 24/7. Your not so patriotic "Patriot Act" at work.

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    It was scary enough and then he started talking about federal sponsored and regulated broadband and tv's that turn themselves on forcing you to listen to the propaganda. I guess that it does show us something, that Obama and the liberals are getting desperate. They can't get us to drink the Koolaid so they are going to try and force it down our throats.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That's great if all the news you want is :tinfoil: and :runaway:.

:lmfao:

BOOM, headshot! :D

So, folks are concerned about a program designed to alert people of national crisis on a wide variety of broadcast ranges, bands and media varieties being used to broadcast images of Big Brother constantly? Well, considering that CONELRAD is gone, what other option is there? :D

"The radio's on but oh, I'm feeling so sad. The music's been replaced by some cat they call Conelrad."

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I already did this, TV sucks. I've got a computer with Netflix, and INGO for news!

I would have a stroke if I used INGO for my only news source :):

no offense to INGO, its the same with any online community. you always have the stories that teeter on the edge, or are all the way off in the fact department. then you feel like an idiot if you fall for it.

EDIT: ahh, ok I dont feel bad I posted this after I just read bills post above, lol

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    What if the president wanted to take over INGO to get his terror messages out?

No problem with taking over private media, as long as its for a good cause?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ... So, folks are concerned about a program designed to alert people of national crisis on a wide variety of broadcast ranges, bands and media varieties being used to broadcast images of Big Brother constantly? Well, considering that CONELRAD is gone, what other option is there? :D

"The radio's on but oh, I'm feeling so sad. The music's been replaced by some cat they call Conelrad."
    CONELRAD and "duck and cover." Now those were the good times.

Top Bottom