• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Gary Johnson will take them to the woodshed. He will be more well spoken, present better common sense solutions, and come across more presidential than the other 3 combined.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That aught to insure him of nearly one percent of the vote.

Hey! I just realized you Libers are the one percenters tha 0 and OWS are gripeing about.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If I were a LP supporter, I would equate this like being the teenager that still has to eat at the little kid's table at Thanksgiving.

I sure hope the organizers have a good internet connection...there could be 10's of people trying to "tune-in". :D

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is The Rent's too Damned High party not fielding a candidate this year? It might be worth watching if ole Jimmy McMillin were to be on stage. :D

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I wonder how hard the nobles laughed when the peasants began debating new ideas among themselves. Think they kept laughing after they formed their own Congress? Army? Nation?

That happened in 1776. How is that relevant to the present day, unless you're positing a third-party revolution that will sweep the Dems and Repubs out of office.

Something akin to the Cultural Revolution perhaps?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I wonder how hard the nobles laughed when the peasants began debating new ideas among themselves. Think they kept laughing after they formed their own Congress? Army? Nation?

That happened in 1776. How is that relevant to the present day, unless you're positing a third-party revolution that will sweep the Dems and Repubs out of office.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Something akin to the Cultural Revolution perhaps?

Well, now, Mr. Almost-a-History-Professor, it is the big ideas that create the new parties. The Republicans were a third party once upon a time and became the 2nd party to counter the cheerleading of slavery that the Democrats represented.

Big Idea that will propel a third party to 1st tier status? The exhaustion of the Welfare State? We shall have to stay tuned.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Well, now, Mr. Almost-a-History-Professor, it is the big ideas that create the new parties. The Republicans were a third party once upon a time and became the 2nd party to counter the cheerleading of slavery that the Democrats represented.

Big Idea that will propel a third party to 1st tier status? The exhaustion of the Welfare State? We shall have to stay tuned.

So you think the Libertarian Party is going to get the ball over the goal line?

And what's the big idea that's going to propel them to the fore? It's all about me and my liberties? While most people may agree with that sentiment, I can't see that as a political cause quite on the same level as Abolition. Except here on INGO, where Libertarians seem to be in the majority (but as soon as they log off...).

gunshop73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Evansville
    I was explaining the importance of the upcoming election to my 8 year old daughter and her question was:" Why is there only 2 choices?" I replied "Great question sweetheart."

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    So you think the Libertarian Party is going to get the ball over the goal line?

And what's the big idea that's going to propel them to the fore? It's all about me and my liberties? While most people may agree with that sentiment, I can't see that as a political cause quite on the same level as Abolition. Except here on INGO, where Libertarians seem to be in the majority (but as soon as they log off...).

Oh I don't know, that's a possibility as more and more civil liberties disappear. When NDAA creates an Abu Ghraib only on American citizens, I think that could certainly trigger an it's all about my liberties mentality in people.

I think what us libertarian or libertarian leaners are hoping for is this is realized before it becomes a reality. I mean, it's already started with Brandon Raub.

Marine Brandon J. Raub: The NDAA's First Victim? - The Natural Independent

Top Bottom