• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I see a new gunshop coming to Columbus yesterday? I saw a Prestige Firearms sign in the window of a building on California St between 2nd and 3rd St. I'm not sure they're open yet...but they have their sign in the window.

Anyone familiar?

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Where is it - in that building on the southwest corner of 3rd and California?

It's next to ECT.Services across from Crystal Flash.........watched them move a big johnson safe :dunno: in, don't think they have opened yet.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    They were open around 4 today. It is the same guy that had Ranger. He used to work at J&J.

Not a lot of stock yet. About 6 long guns. One case of Glocks. One of 1911's. And about 6 revolvers. Had a little bit of ammo.

The 1911's were mainly Colt for the newer stuff. And Remington Rand for the older stuff. He did have 2 Delta Elites.

While I am not up on values, I thought they were high. $1800 for the cheaper Delta Elite. I didn't check the prices on all of the Glocks. Did see $589 on one of them.

I will stop back from time to time just to check. The guy seemed very nice.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Is the Prmitive Peddler the same as Peddlers?

If he has anything to do with J&J I won't go in. I was in there once and got treated like dirt...and then heard his tax issues and the way he handled it. None of my money will go toward anything related to him.

That said...I will proabably stop into Premier...but won't rush in to see whats going on. Peddlers has treated me mostly OK.

I wondered if Premier would be the place to buy second hand Walmart ammo...hope not. We already think we have one of those in town.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I spent my young life in Columbus & don't recall folks there ever being real supportive of a gun store. I hope they have a means to supplement their income or they'll likely turn into fairy dust like so many before them.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    The man that ownes the shop, his name is Tony Thomas.. very straight forward and very nice. even if you arent wanting to buy anything he loves to talk guns and motorcycles.
    He used to be on the bartholomew county sheriff's dept, as well as a Harley davidson mechanic from Mann's, there in taylorsville, IN.
    Joe and him have been long time friends, but JOE does not own any part of that company... you will probably see him in there from time to time.

Roger Wallace is the white haired guy that is a RUGER FENATIC. He is very knowledgable about guns in general...

And to add to the above comments, yes he likes more of the high end stuff, I believe when I was in there last week he had 4 remington rands.
    he loves the old revolvers, and colt 1911's as as well as a quality weatherby rifle!
    His ammo selection is there, but as well as his firearms he likes black hills ammo, fiocchi, and a select few other more expensive quality brands.

The shop has only been open for a week, and the selection is still getting built up, there are plenty of more things to come, he just doesn't have it all set up yet.

I vote you give it a try!
    the address to the shop is 238 California St. Columbus, in 47201
    and the shop # is 812-376-0653

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know, I was in this shop yesterday.. and the selection is there. many more guns available, and plenty of ammo to go along with them.
    I encourage all within a reasonable distance to at least stop in and meet the guys working, and see what they're all about!

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I went in today to see about trading a handgun. Seemed very friendly and straight forward. Down side, I was swept by my own gun which was not checked to see if it were empty. Also was disappointed by the sign on the door, " No loaded Handguns - No OC ". Don't care about the no OC but prefer the shops that have a policy of loaded handguns must remain holstered.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I went in today to see about trading a handgun. Seemed very friendly and straight forward. Down side, I was swept by my own gun which was not checked to see if it were empty. Also was disappointed by the sign on the door, " No loaded Handguns - No OC ". Don't care about the no OC but prefer the shops that have a policy of loaded handguns must remain holstered.
    The no OC part does annoy me a little bit. But their house their rules I guess......just makes me feel as of they are forcing their preferred carry method onto others.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    With the Gun shops in Columbus I wish someone stocked Dillon stuff, but I understand the stock on the shelves is a killer, That being said I made the drive down to seymour this weekto BTB to pick up parts but it would be nice to have got them without the drive

Top Bottom