Price Check on High Standard 22LR Trophy with two barrels.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Was thinking of having the shorter barrel turned down and threaded for a suppressor. However, other option is getting something like a pre threaded Browing Buckmark and keeping the older High Standard as is, even though don't need to as already have an old High Standard Victor to shoot and a Rugger MkII for the truck (hate to visit fiend's farms/ranges and not have something to shoot while we visit).

Thus a price check on the High Standard with extra barrel (together or separate) would be appreciated in trying to decide (not for sale yet, but if do place an ad will of course knock a few bucks off for anyone that helped fairly price the gun).
    supermatic_both_barrels.jpg

Regards
    John

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Please go to rimfire central. com - scroll down to the HiGH STANDARD section . DON"T mess with the high standard barrel.If you want a threaded barrel their are aftermarket barrels for it threaded already . They will give you an honest value not auction value .Your HI STANDARD is as accurate as a S&W mod 41.I would love to have one but can't afford it. Sell it or Keep it it's your choice Know what I would DO.

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Should have known the answer to "if I should get another pistol" was .... LOL!!!

Appreciate everyone's inputs and agree hate to thread an old High Standard (never could do the Victor) but at least had two barrels. Please keep the discussion going. The suppressor have is at: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...osts_target_handgun_revisted.html#post3207625

Please go to rimfire central. com - scroll down to the HiGH STANDARD section . DON"T mess with the high standard barrel.If you want a threaded barrel their are aftermarket barrels for it threaded already . They will give you an honest value not auction value .Your HI STANDARD is as accurate as a S&W mod 41.I would love to have one but can't afford it. Sell it or Keep it it's your choice Know what I would DO.

Thanks did not know about the aftermarket barrels for the older High Standards, will have to look into it.
    Don't know if the HS is as accurate as the older SW 41s but they are close and I went with the HS Victor 30 plus years ago instead of the SW 41 ... which is the reason was thinking on threading the second barrel of the Trophy as already had one High standard.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i've always loved the high standard trophy, if it were me, id try to find a ruger 22/45 with a threaded barrel, i'd leave the highstandard alone, well not alone, it'd need a good cleaning after all the bullets id put down the barrel !

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    i've always loved the high standard trophy, if it were me, id try to find a ruger 22/45 with a threaded barrel, i'd leave the highstandard alone, well not alone, it'd need a good cleaning after all the bullets id put down the barrel !

The Rugger MkII (initially purchased for a host) would really need a little TLC on the trigger and several of the guys no longer thread the barrels due to the bore not being in the center (ok if do on centers, but nice if the hole is still in the center of the barrel when you cut it down) ... besides the Ruger MKII is a slab side.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    I know that back in the 60's High standard's were winning all the matches at camp PERRY. I would hate to bet my life on the difference.

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    these are very accurate pistols. +1 on keeping the orig barrels.
    if you look around you can find poor finish barrels to have threaded, be sure you know what kind of supressor you are getting and have threaded acordingly

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The Rugger MkII (initially purchased for a host) would really need a little TLC on the trigger and several of the guys no longer thread the barrels due to the bore not being in the center (ok if do on centers, but nice if the hole is still in the center of the barrel when you cut it down) ... besides the Ruger MKII is a slab side.

look at the ruger ...
    http://http://ruger.com/products/2245ThreadedBarrel/models.html

or the ruger...
    http://http://ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html

both models come with the factory 1/2x28 thread so most cans will go on no problem and no thread adaptor needed

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    BIG difference in price if that extra barrel came with the pistol originally. Look very hard for the box.

No chance of having the box. With out having the box, how does one known / show / prove the extra barrel came with the pistol originally? Any markings or other indications?

That aftermarket bbl is a great choice. Their are other makers also.

Always appreciate more options and recommendations - links help but are not needed.

Found one Victor barrel and sight on eBay for $150 ...

Thanks
    John

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Just came to mind that I think HIGH STANDARD in TEXAS makes threaded barrels for your gun . They have finally got their stuff together and are making EXCELLENT HIGH STANDARDS again. Google to get an address

Top Bottom