• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    In the process of posting for sale a FAL after the holidays. Trying to research what an IMBEL FAL built up as a L1A1 (with lightening cuts) would be worth as a fair price to all (of course a little more fair to me is always a good idea from my point of view ;-). Rifle works with metric mags and I have fired a few rounds, was a friends who I got it from as a part of trade towards a NFA MAC10 earlier this year and he now had done the happy dance ... thus is time to sell the FAL (have another DSA medium heavy barrel FAL from the Ban days (i.e. muzzle brake) that is not shot as now days as just shoot the HKs, so do not need need one FAL and really don't need two .. this one was take as a favor to a friend).

Any ideas on pricing, what to look for etc. is appreciated. Currently sorting through the mags, extra parts and working on an inventory and photos after the holidays.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I was looking at FNC's and two paras on an auction site had $4k each asking price LOL.
    Belgian FAL's were 5-8K asking, and some not NIB.
    Of course, no bids.
    Before the scare a NIB Belgian FAL was around 3500.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    It just depends on the build. First off you need to know who built it and are they a reputable builder. A lot of home-brew built FALs are out there. Some are great and definitely some are bad. A lot of hillbilly jim's didn't do the head-spacing correct and just slapped them together. With an Imbel receiver, you will get a higher price. How is the receiver marked? Is it imported by CAI with the Gear Logo? Just a few of the questions you might encounter.

swissrifles1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Near South Bend
    A Century built FAL goes for around 900-1000.
    My STG 58 on a Coonan receiver with plastic furniture and 6 spare mags and scope and mount around 1,600-1,800 before the PANIC.
    rifle09-003-1.jpg

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Thanks for the pointers, need to get out the rifle, check the markings and take a few photos, however, first need to call a few representatives and stop by their regional offices after the first of the year.

Top Bottom