• ...and so much more!
  • Gunruner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Price increases
    I just wanted to pass this e-mail along from one of my distributers. I received it Tuesday. Who ever you buy from, get it now or take your chances.

Again this is just passing on an e-mail that I received.

Hi There!
    Just wanted to tell you to really stock up on ammo. I've been told (rumor) that this winter will be another ammo shortage.
    "Like there's not a shortage now?"

here are 2 hot little items sent to me from corporate today.

PMC HAS ANNOUNCED A PRICE INCREASE OF ~10% EFFECTIVE ON NEW ORDERS PLACED AFTER SEPT 1. WE WILL BE GOING UP ON SEPTEMBER 15

Also - FIOCCHI AMMO WILL GO UP TONIGHT AFTER 4.

You know what? you might want to stock up now!

Thanks!
    Ron

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Do not believe everything you read. I think sometimes people write crap, just too make people panic. So they panic buy. I'll believe it when it happens. Calm down, and take a deep breth.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Do not run out and continue to "stock up"! ammo is just now starting to become easy to find...I cant wait until all these hoarders start realizing they freaked out over nothing.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Do not run out and continue to "stock up"! ammo is just now starting to become easy to find...I cant wait until all these hoarders start realizing they freaked out over nothing.
    Exactly and if people wanted to stock up, they should have started far before the last election.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I have a hard time believing this. There was plenty of business justification earlier this year to raise prices (and produce more) in response to military, police, and spiking consumer demand. However, it appears that the manufacturers are finally catching up and/or that the consumers are getting towards the end of building their hoards and are now moving back towards regular resupply mode.

Assuming that is true, then I expect prices to stabilize or possibly even fall on most ammo over the next six months. Any producers raising prices at that point will only lose market share to their competitors.

Of course, there is one thing that can totally blow away the preceding analysis as it is a description of free market economic behavior. Actions by the government can (and too frequently do) alter normal market behavior.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    I hope the email is false but fear it is true. I ampretty happy with my current situation but was hoping the prices would actually drop this fall \ winter with the demand dropping and lower raw material prices. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Not sure

I asked the owner of Crack Shot if he heard this and he said that he hasn't heard of any increases yet. It should be the opposite as the price of metals have gone back down.

Top Bottom