• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Waiting for a Colt or BCM OEM model to be seen for $600ish. I'd like to snag one, SBR it, and have ADCO cut/port the barrel to 11.5". Could be done and out the door for under $1k with the stamp.

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    Prices are falling, we will never see a big discount on "top shelf" rifles the margin is just not there on firearms. I no doubt think we will see >$500 AR's in the next four years however. Now if definitely the time to buy AR stuff if you want it the market is over-saturated and prices are low, just picked up a LWRC rifle myself (always wanted one but could not justify custom 1911 prices for an AR) for $1430. Now the old Rugers piston guns still run fine but with the LWRC in the safe I doubt they will see much use ever again.

Is the lwrc piston? I just ordered (yesterday) a lwrc ic a5 di for $1350. Good stuff.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Is the lwrc piston? I just ordered (yesterday) a lwrc ic a5 di for $1350. Good stuff.

I got the DI version as I personally do not need the extra weight of the Piston system as I am not a super high volume shooter. Mine is the "Tungsten Grey" color love the rifle.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The rush to fill an anticipated void in hopes of ridiculous profits has back fired and ruined the resale value of my really nice AR's.

Hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm in the same boat though I built up a couple that are what I would call mid-tier rifles. Some people buy stocks, some collect "things". I think firearms are a good investment. If you keep it long enough, you will most likely make money. I look at them as a retirement account more so than a day trade.

Up until recently, I always made money on selling firearms. And the only reason I'm not making money on them now is because I sell them too soon! :)

I just can't make up my mind what I want! lol.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Supply and Demand....We want them and they are priced accordingly. The market will soften across the board and prices will stabilize until the next elections. Don't think a Trump presidency is the end of the second amendment battle. The left's goal of "Californizing" the country is still very much in play.

Hold on to your AR's; high cap mags and non-serialized ammo - your grandkids will thank you!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    An AR doesn't eat much, sits quietly in the safe without rusting (assuming you bought an AR with a bit of quality), and is just as capable of performing 5 years from today as it does right now. No vet bills.

Think of them as pets.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    IDK about you.....but my AR is damn hungry. Cost a lot to feed that damn thing.

An AR doesn't eat much, sits quietly in the safe without rusting (assuming you bought an AR with a bit of quality), and is just as capable of performing 5 years from today as it does right now. No vet bills.

Think of them as pets.

Top Bottom