• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    What do you think we should expect prices to be on these at the show this weekend? Will the venders even have any? I'm just curious. This will help the debate on if I'm going or not.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    What about a quality AR like rock river or a palmetto state? Just something basic. Nothing fancy? Think 1k woul land something like that? If not, what would

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What about a quality AR like rock river or a palmetto state? Just something basic. Nothing fancy? Think 1k woul land something like that? If not, what would

Maybe $1,500 for something like that. They were selling for $1,000 with tax before the madness.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Depending on what's announced today, but I don't see you being able to get even a low end AR for $1000. I've been watching things over the last weeks, and I know others here will have an opinion, but I'd see $1200 as the low end for even low end AR's there.

We'll know more after the press conferences today.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    That's just my guess, but I do know an M&P 15 went for just over $1,000 (with tax) before the run.

Only fully assembled ARs I was able to find recently were well over $2k. The shop freely admitted they stacked as many expensive components on it as possible to boost their profit margin, and would not sell it without them.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I did two transfers for a Pawn Shop in Louisville yesterday. Last week they were selling their Delton AR 15's at $1000...They put $1500 on them this week to try to slow down the sales so they would continue to have stock on hand and they have already sold three as of Tuesday...This is insanity on steroids...

ihammond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Millhousen
    I would think you will have a tough time finding a low end AR for under 1500. Stuff that was selling for 800 to 1000 before the gun control madness have about doubled in gun shop prices.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    At laporte this past weekend I didn't see an AR for less than $1500 and most were in the $1800 to $2500 range. Don't know if they were selling but there was definately interest.
    1000 round cases of 5.56 were going for $1100 and were selling. After today I expect another bump up in pricing.
    I'm thinking of trying to trade my M&P15 for a M1a.
    I don't see a reduction in pricing in near future at all.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Arsenal AKs are going for $1700+ on gun broker right now. I think I saw a PSA AR15 go for about that much too a couple of weeks ago. You might find a Wasr with a couple of mags for $1k. It's not gun people buying either. I think most people on this forum probably have enough guns to not go out and spend crazy money on a rifle. It is the people who waited to buy a gun because they never saw the need until now.

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Arsenal AKs are going for $1700+ on gun broker right now. I think I saw a PSA AR15 go for about that much too a couple of weeks ago. You might find a Wasr with a couple of mags for $1k. It's not gun people buying either. I think most people on this forum probably have enough guns to not go out and spend crazy money on a rifle. It is the people who waited to buy a gun because they never saw the need until now.

It sure isn't. There's tons of people snapping up parts they have absolutely no interest in just because they think they can make a quick buck on it.

Unfortunately I'm competing with those vultures to get the last few parts I need, since I was midway into an AR build when the panic struck. :(

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I am tempted to take one I picked up a while back for 500$ and sell it for what I have in it. But someone would buy it and flip it inside for 3 times that much.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    my thought is to buy a few lowers before something happens, then build as needed. thoughts any one

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I'm all set. I'm not buying a damn thing until prices come back down. Only idiots are paying $1500 for a $700 gun. I won't be a part of that.

Everyone is going to feel pretty stupid for paying these prices once nothing passes the GOP lead house. All these bills are DOA after the shaft the republicans took on the fiscal cliff.

Everyone is just buying into the current hype about an awb. It's not going to happen.

Top Bottom