• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just checking out some prices on gunbroker tonight. Really low prices on M&P Shields, XDs, and others. The one that really got me, a guy has 20 CW9s at a fixed price of $299 and only $20 for shipping. Makes me wish I needed another handgun.:dunno:

nashfred01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    Bloomington
    Seems like prices keep falling to offset the price of ammo. If there is still a shortage of ammo and prices continue to rise, they need to drop the prices of firearms to sell their product.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Not where I live in Ohio.
    As a matter of fact, in the last two weeks they have REALLY gone up, with few exceptions.
    SW J Fames are now $449. They were as low as $419 a couple of weeks ago.
    Taurus 38 UL stainless, is now $375. They were $340 two weeks ago.
    Hopefully this isn't happening were you all live.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Need? What does need have to do with getting another firearm? :hehe::rofl::bacondance::lol2::rockwoot::cool:

True! But when you buy toys, you have to get your priorities straight. I have bought 8-10 handguns in the past year. I have 2-3 long guns on my list, and a new snowmoble before I start looking for a Sig P938 that I don't need...just really want. :)

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    You say going down, I say stabilizing. Tomato Tomahto.

Haven't seen much of anything going down around here unfortunately.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    A very scientific equation for maximum necessary gun purchases will ALWAYS be n+1...

I keep trying to explain that to my wife!

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    I'd be really fired up if ammo prices went down. I know they've went down some but I'm always hopeful.

The issue I run into is that more than anything I want to support local gun shops, but they don't make it easy when the mark up is so high. Not all of them are so bad, but the ones that do it the most REALLY make it a bit shameful.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    why is there still a bullet/ ammo shortage? shouldn't bullet manf's step up production to meet demand?

I'm pretty sure they stepped up production early this year (or late last year) when this all started. Supply is slowly catching up with demand. I'm seeing .223 everywhere, and handgun ammo is coming back too.

alex00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Usually supply and demand isn't an instantaneous process. If you're talking about demand for hamburgers at a local McDonalds, workers can quickly adjust how many burgers they are making and supply will increase. With something like ammunition, you can't just flip a switch and have more bullets come out. The process of increasing supply I'm sure would involve hiring more employees, investing in more capital resources,equipment, land, maybe building a whole new facility and even more businesses coming into play. These are all things that take a great deal of time, of course some more than others. And I'm sure it's also a heavily regulated industry which slows things down even more.

Natually, the market will always even out (in a free market system). One thing that makes supply crazy low is that political decisions make people freak out and stockpile ammo. I don't think the market can really adjust for this in the short term. All in all, I think we're starting to see supply bounce back. Just don't feed the fire and go out stockpiling ammo like everyone else which worsens the situation. It's like when people complain about gas prices rising so they freak out and go fill up on gas, which ironically sends a message to the gas market that demand is high and prices need to rise. Most consumers have no understanding of supply and demand and they act in the exact opposite way they should.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Just checking out some prices on gunbroker tonight. Really low prices on M&P Shields, XDs, and others. The one that really got me, a guy has 20 CW9s at a fixed price of $299 and only $20 for shipping. Makes me wish I needed another handgun.:dunno:

Yep, used prices are dropping. People got their credit card statements. :cool:

Top Bottom