Pride of lions, murder of crows. __________ of gun owners?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    Groups of a single species are all very similar. There is a lot of variation (political views, type of gun(s), use of gun(s), etc.) among gunowners.
    Perhaps:
    A confusion of gunowners, or a miscellany of gunowners, or a humanity of gunowners

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Our government calls them terrorists, nationalists and supremacists.
    I like the above idea of embracing militia. They've stolen the alphabet, they've stolen the rainbow and they've impugned the word militia. Time to take it back.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    According to the left, it is Militia
    Militia! I vote for militia.

All of us as citizens and residents of these United States should embrace the term. From the militia act of 1792 to the militia act of 1903 as amended, and Title 10 USC 246 : Militia: composition and classes Subtitle A-General Military Law PART I-ORGANIZATION AND GENERAL MILITARY POWERS CHAPTER 12-THE MILITIA, "The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32 , under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard."... And (B)(2) "the unorganized militia , which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia".

Most of us here are or were members of the unorganized militia by law. Sadly and I say this is the father of a young lady, our females are currently excluded unless they join the National guard. Equality for all the people would fix that.

If our schools taught the facts of our Constitution and laws our young would understand that they will one day be a member of the militia if they wish to continue to be a citizen of these United States. An excellent reason for them to receive training in the safety and marksmanship with arms during public education, don't you think?

So yes, we should take back the term "Militia" and restore it to it's proper meaning and context. Personally I'm past my sell-by date, but I could still volunteer to be a speed bump if the need arose.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We could also break this to to brand/type owners.

--A group of G**** owners

---A group of CZ owners

---A group of Colt owners.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom