• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    you'll get bored with one of them eventually. you still owe me some Mossy 500 furniture. my Nikon is shipped doubt it will be here by friday but im gonna keep hoping

I still owe my self some furniture too! Gotta get that before I give you the stuff. My micros shipped today, says they'll be here Saturday. And one of the dots is making a permanent home on my 10/22 and the other is gonna go on my ar for the time being but might find its way on top of several rifles

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Here's The Bang Switch's review of about 10 budget red dots:
    ?Budget? Red Dot Sight Comparison ? Part 1 | The Bang Switch
    ?Budget? Red Dot Sight Comparison ? Part 2 | The Bang Switch

The conclusion was that the Bushnell TRS-25 and the Primary Arms MD-06L were the top two, with a slight edge to Bushnell. But with the sale price, the PA version is now significantly cheaper. Got one on the way directly from PA. Shipping was just under $5, but I had to pay Texas sales tax, which was about the same, so final price just under $60. Still, a good deal for what sounds like a decent budget red dot. I wouldn't go to Iraq for a year with one on my rifle, but I think it will be good to mess around with here.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Just ordered one from Primary Arms direct. $7 shipping, but still good for $57.

Don't know what I'll do with it. Maybe I'll put it on my 10/22, maybe I'll put it on my VZ2008 after it comes in.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I know Aimpont Micros have the brightness control on the right side, but the Primary Arms Micro offers it on the left side or right side. My EOTech has the controls on the left side, so I'm wondering, which side makes more sense for a right handed shooter? I can see benefits to each.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I know Aimpont Micros have the brightness control on the right side, but the Primary Arms Micro offers it on the left side or right side. My EOTech has the controls on the left side, so I'm wondering, which side makes more sense for a right handed shooter? I can see benefits to each.

After quick decision from reading some thread, I went with the dial on the left side, and I'm a right handed shooter. Adjusting the brightness while having your trigger finger/hand in the ready position, or something like that

Mine showed up today, made sure it turned on, and into the optics cabinet it went for a project TBD

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I ordered the MD-06L Thursday night (brightness adjustment on the left), changed my mind and sent an email Friday asking to change my order to the MD-06 (right side), received an email from Scott Campell at 7:57 p.m. Friday (July 4th!!) saying it was taken care of, and received it in the mail Monday. That's some incredible customer service!

My reason for changing to the right side adjustment is this:
    I am using this PA micro dot as a cheap trial before I spend the money on an Aimpoint T1. It is going on a 14.5" lightweight rifle that will be used for run & gun type applications so I thought I should get the version that most resembles a T1 (all I've had were EOTechs and I'm looking for something lighter). I can see how having the dial on the left would be better for bench shooting though.

Top Bottom