• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    I have a couple questions regarding Primary Arms optics, specifically their Micro Red Dot.

1) Do they still make these??

-I ask this question partly in jest because they never seem to be in stock and I don't know anywhere else that sells them.

2) Would this hold on a 12ga shotgun?

-I'm not really looking for an expensive optic for a battle gun here. Mostly I want a decent red dot for range fun/plinking, but I do need the sight to be quality enough to hold up to a moderate amount of rounds. While I don't want to drop ~$600 on an Aimpoint/Eotech/etc, I also don't want to drop $40 multiple times to replace a cheap RD every 6 months or so. So I figured I would try to go "middle of the road" here.

INGO's thoughts?

As a bonus questions, what about the Bushnell TRS-25 on said 12ga?

Thanks kids!

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    They will work fine and will hold zero. They do get them a lot, but they usually sell out within the first day of being on the site again. I just got another one 2 weeks ago.

I will say this though. Of all my MD's from different makers, the Burris Fastfire II has worked for me the best with my 870's. I use my PA MD's on my 15-22's and ak's and they work fine, but I just didn't like it as well as my Burris for my Remington 870's.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    They will work fine and will hold zero. They do get them a lot, but they usually sell out within the first day of being on the site again. I just got another one 2 weeks ago.

I will say this though. Of all my MD's from different makers, the Burris Fastfire II has worked for me the best with my 870's. I use my PA MD's on my 15-22's and ak's and they work fine, but I just didn't like it as well as my Burris for my Remington 870's.

Where did you get one 2 weeks ago? I've checked the site every day for a couple of months and they have always been out of stock. Their supplier flaked out on them and they are currently waiting on the new supplier to get up and running. They estimate by the end of this year.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Well since Obama is president and everything gun related is evidently going to be banned for eternity, I'll sell you my PA Micro-dot for the not-insignificant sum of $500.

:D

In all seriousness I haven't tested mine on a 12ga, but it held up fine on an AR-15 and a .30-30 rifle. It's running on a .22 handgun now, and I switched to a Vortex Strikefire on the AR.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    Well since Obama is president and everything gun related is evidently going to be banned for eternity, I'll sell you my PA Micro-dot for the not-insignificant sum of $500.

:D

In all seriousness I haven't tested mine on a 12ga, but it held up fine on an AR-15 and a .30-30 rifle.

Can I trade you for 5 pre-preban 30 round AR magazines? :):

Thanks for the input!

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Where did you get one 2 weeks ago? I've checked the site every day for a couple of months and they have always been out of stock. Their supplier flaked out on them and they are currently waiting on the new supplier to get up and running. They estimate by the end of this year.

They had a blemish batch they apparently were holding onto come up. It was 15% off the MD-09 regular price at the time.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I had one on a mossberg 500 and it held up great. I sold that gun and moved the dot over onto my new 500 SPX and haven't gotten a chance to sight it in yet, but I am not concerned.

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    no problem, I am really debating getting one for my Ruger MKIII, but I just bought a Vortex Strikefire for my AR-15 so I figured I should let my gun fund build back up a little.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    no problem, I am really debating getting one for my Ruger MKIII, but I just bought a Vortex Strikefire for my AR-15 so I figured I should let my gun fund build back up a little.

I just put a strikefire on my AR-15...and the old PA Microdot that was on it is now on my Mark III.

Are you me? :runaway:

EOC

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The Garage
    I got mine the same day they came in stock I got very lucky lol.. Looks liek a great red dot for the low price.. putting it on my AR

Top Bottom