• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Just setting up my Lee Classic 4 hole turret press. When the primers are ejected they fall into the little hole on the back of the unit. Looking at the Lee website it appears this is what is supposed to happen. Is this right? How do you eventually empty the primers? Must you unbolt it from the mount to do this? thanks

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I know guys who rig theirs up to drop into t tube that goes to a coffee can, but I don't think the setup comes like that. I had to unbolt mine a few times and it really wasn't a big deal, but I'm sure the tube would be more convenient.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I unbolt mine from the table once in a while. It takes a few thousand rounds. I considered drilling a hole in the table but I just put the bolts on wingnuts and stopped thinking about it until it's full. You can also use the crevice tool for a vacuum to get a lot of them.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I bolted mine to a 2x6 then bolted the 2x6 to my cheapo desk I am currently using. I cut out a notch in the 2x6 which allows the primers to fall on the desk. I can get my finger into the notch to get them out. I may eventually cut a hole in the desk as well and let the primers drop into the desk drawer.

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Thanks for the good ideas. checked the Lee site and you folks are right--the type I bought does not come with a hollow ram so a tube can be used.

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    My father drilled a hole in the bottom of his bench then screwed a relish jar lid to the under side of the bench. then you just screw on the relish jar. Will take pics if I remember.

Top Bottom