• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Went to the OGCA show today in Wilmington hoping to fill out a couple of holes in my M38 collection and instead came home with my 1st Polish M44, and it is a beauty. I had made several passes through the show but there where no 40 or 42 M38's to be found so I decided to go and check out a Polish M44 I had seen earlier that was #'s matching, clean, and the price wasn't to stupid ( around $400.00). Well needless to say it was gone when I returned so I decided to make one more pass around the hall and call it a day. two asiles over I spotted a member holding up a beautiful Polish M44 and I decided to hang around and see if he was going to buy it. He haggled with it's owner for about 5 minutes and decided it was not worth the asking price. The owner put it back under his table ( guess that is why I never saw it) and we started talking. I asked to see it and while looking it over he told me it was so nice he never had the heart to fire it because it was so darn
    pretty. After confirming it was all matching I asked him what he wanted for it.................to my suprise he told me he was hoping to get $250.00 out of it. Well after the EMS crew revived me I gave this gent his money, and made my way to the house for pictures and a well deserved drink. ;)

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Well done again Miller:yesway: And another Blonde to boot. I like the plum color on the rings, not to mention the whole look of the gun.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nice find! I do have to wonder when you are going to start your own Red Army. If I see a a recruitment ad in the classifieds, I will know what happened! :D

OK, a little confession: If I could afford it, I would have a room full of Krags! Thanks for sharing all the cool toys!

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Nice find! I do have to wonder when you are going to start your own Red Army. If I see a a recruitment ad in the classifieds, I will know what happened! :D

OK, a little confession: If I could afford it, I would have a room full of Krags! Thanks for sharing all the cool toys!

+1 on the Krags, My dad had one when I was wee-tot and it had without a doubt the smoothest action of any military bolt action rifle ever produced.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    :yesway::yesway:Oh man, that one is almost too clean! Looks like it came out of the arsenal just yesterday! Congrats!!!

I agree with you John, this one will be a safe queen , no doubt about it. It looks like it might have been test fired when it was produced, but other than that it has never sent a round down range.

Besides I have plenty of M44's to sling lead with if I feel the urge. ;)

Last edited:

PaxRomana

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Very nice! I have a Polish M44 as well, although its not quite that clean. Butter smooth bolt and the fit and finish is night and day over a russian rifle. Enjoy..:yesway:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    That Mr. Miller is a true GEM! That has to rank in the top five of your Mosin crown jewel collection.

I would have paid real money to have been able to see your facial expression when the seller told you the price...:D

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    You got that at a steal Miller! I paid almost 400 for mine and the bore isn't the greatest. Not bad but not great. Good on ya bud. You're going to have to get a wide angle lens and take a family photo someday to show all these gents how it's really done.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The unissued Polish M44's seem to be the nicest of all I've seen.
    I bought one of these from AIM many years ago and it's my favorite.
    The fit and finish are outstanding.

Last edited:

fro65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    South of Ft. Wayne
    Thanks for posting this. I have what looks like a twin to your rifle but never really knew what it was until now. Mine has never been fired either, it still has cosmoline in all the nooks and crannies. Thanks for the education.

Top Bottom