• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As for crowd size, I'd call it WAY over 500. using google earth, the sidewalk itself is 6,600 sqft from Capitol to Senate. The Cultural trail between the sidewalk and Washington adds another 3700. Every crowd measurement rule of thumb I use puts us over 1,000 every time. Easily. Even if I only count the sidewalk, and I KNOW at least at part of the section we filled the trail as well.
    Even using a VERY loose density of one person every 10sqft, thats still 660. And that assumes none of us were on the trail. I'd say 800 easy, maybe 1200.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    :wavey:
    Just got back home.
    It felt long enough driving back to Avon. Glad you made it back up north ok after a long day in front of the Capitol. I wish I could've seen you today Act, that was a sea of humanity out there!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It felt long enough driving back to Avon. Glad you made it back up north ok after a long day in front of the Capitol. I wish I could've seen you today Act, that was a sea of humanity out there!

I missed your speech. so I tried to get someone to point you out. But there was too many people.
    Well, too many to find you. Not too many for the event.

We lucked out. 70 degrees in Indy.
    It's 48 and rainy up here.
    Friggin temperature dropped like a stone north of Indy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was nice meeting the dozen or so INGOers that I did get to meet.
    Maybe we needed a table and sign/flag.

Some of the names I recognized.
    Some don't post very often, so I didn't recognize the name. But it was still nice to meet them.

JustInTime78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2018
    Carmel
    Turned out to be great weather! It was a pleasure to meet you KellyinAvon. Even if you did pawn off "that guy" on me. Ha! I'd like to contribute more in the future, Brother Bill.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Turned out to be great weather! It was a pleasure to meet you KellyinAvon. Even if you did pawn off "that guy" on me. Ha! I'd like to contribute more in the future, Brother Bill.

Welcome to INGO JustInTime78 (I see what you did there!!) Yeah I turfed that guy to you, you'd have done the same to me if I hadn't fell back and talked to a farmer and his son. I'm wondering if all that guy's dogs were barking.

Oh you were right about Nada, I had the leftovers for dinner. Awesome stuff!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    ...and another INGOer whose name escapes.

Would that have been me? LOL

Great day with a lot of great people. I think we got our point across that we are serious about our rights.
    I'll go trough the pictures as quickly as I can and post a link.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Would that have been me? LOL

Great day with a lot of great people. I think we got our point across that we are serious about our rights.
    I'll go trough the pictures as quickly as I can and post a link.
    No I just brain-dumped talking to you Dan. You had the paparazzi cameras, I should've remembered that plus you were up front getting pics of what was going on. I'm playing the over 50 card for everyone I forgot to mention.

Looking forward to seeing your pics Dan.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I was with CameraMonkey. I hadn't been to one of these before. It was interesting. It was great to meet those that I did meet. I didn't catch everyone's name that I did meet (I am really bad with names under the best of circumstances).

I'm glad the weather turned out so nice. I had my rain coat with me, but didn't need it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Plenty of EBRs in the crowd in varying states of... "readiness". Attire of all types (including some mild battle rattle... All kinds of signs and flags, some more... "expressive" than others...

All the concern about making a bad impression seems to have been overblown (unless something negative comes out later). I think one could count the number of antis there on one hand.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was with CameraMonkey. I hadn't been to one of these before. It was interesting. It was great to meet those that I did meet. I didn't catch everyone's name that I did meet (I am really bad with names under the best of circumstances).

I'm glad the weather turned out so nice. I had my rain coat with me, but didn't need it.
    Another INGOer who I know in real life and didn't see! Sea of humanity I say!!

OK, anybody got a link to some video?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    WHAT A DAY!! I went with every intention of being in the rain all day and it was awesome weather. It was 65-68 degrees but everybody thought it was hotter. Met a lot of INGOers including (of course) BrotherBill3, Cbhausen, 1stLast&Always, Doggy Daddy, MCGrease08 (pronounced EM-SEE Grease 08, not MacGrease 08), LockStockandBarrel, I saw Bollorollo but couldn't get here attention, talked to CompatriotG, Ben Nelson, and another INGOer whose name escapes.

I wish I could've seen Camera Monkey, Nad63 and Acteon227, I've met all those guys but with that sea of humanity I never saw them.

:rockwoot::ingo::patriot:

Dulcet tones, GFGT? At least you didn't call me silky smooth.

I was standing with CameraMonkey, LockStockandBarrel and company during the speeches. Really enjoyed your speech.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Plenty of EBRs in the crowd in varying states of... "readiness". Attire of all types (including some mild battle rattle... All kinds of signs and flags, some more... "expressive" than others...

All the concern about making a bad impression seems to have been overblown (unless something negative comes out later). I think one could count the number of antis there on one hand.

The cool kids were in INGO shirts and NRA hats :D

Kklingberg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Hammond
    Today was great, glad I drove 2 hours for 75 degrees compared to 40 up here in Hammond, but this was great to hear a bunch of like minded people saying what I’ve always wanted to say. Thank you guys for bringing this to everyone’s attention regardless if on FB or not. I would’ve missed it. I’m glad I didn’t!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I must say that all the speakers impressed me. Usually there are one or two people that get nervous, are hard to hear, or go off the deep end.

Everyone came across as genuine and well spoken. I loved the personal story of the "reformed liberal." I came to gun ownership and the idea of liberty from a similar path.

The woman running for Bartholomew county Sheriff was one of my favorites too. I'm going to have to play the video for my wife.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Today was great, glad I drove 2 hours for 75 degrees compared to 40 up here in Hammond, but this was great to hear a bunch of like minded people saying what I’ve always wanted to say. Thank you guys for bringing this to everyone’s attention regardless if on FB or not. I would’ve missed it. I’m glad I didn’t!

We shoulda carpooled.

Top Bottom