• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    There's going to be a rally at the statehouse at 9 am tomorrow morning. The zionsville million moms walk is scheduled at 10 am so everyone should be there ahead of them. It's not designed to be confrontational. Basically it's a show of support for the Second Amendment. All women are urged to attend. Guys are welcome as well. If possible bring any banners, posters and signs you have. If nothing else think of this as a dress rehearsal for the rally on February 8th.
    Dan

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    'Merica! (with a cup of coffee)

IMG_9008-L.jpg

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I think the "media" said there were about 50 of them. There were 25+ of us. It went pretty well. The few interactions we had were cordial. Before everything kicked off we were on the south side of the statehouse and this older couple came up and started talking to some of us. Then they realized that some of us were OC'ing and carrying rifles. Then they realized they were with the wrong group. Kinda funny but it did show them we aren't the blood thirsty demons that some people make us out to be. They were given direction to the Circle and away they went.
    There was a gentleman that came up to one of the dads and started asking him about his AR. The dad didn't disrespect him or be rude to him and handled all of his questions very well. The gentleman interacted for a few then went back with his Million Moms group. You could tell he would've rather had been with us instead of them!
    If the 8th goes as well as today it will be a success. I do suggest in the future to have an appointed spokesperson. A couple of the moms with us stepped up to handle the media. Simple questions replied to with simple answers. I only heard one question that was a bit instigating. It basically was " are you going to be out here every time someone else is?". The mom handled it well and replied that our ancestors didn't give up so neither are we. She wasn't put offish or anything in her delivery.
    All in all it was a good day.
    The Million Moms are hating this picture on Facebook:
    file.php

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The Million Moms are hating this picture on Facebook:
    I imagine they are, any links to their discussion of it? :). Going to look for references to this in the media to see what they chose to report.

WTHR: http://www.wthr.com/story/20713542/indiana-moms-march-for-gun-control (no mention of us)
    Fox59: Nothing that I can find.
    WishTV: http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/indiana/one-million-moms-for-gun-control-lead-peaceful-demonstration ("Met with opposition at the state house." is all that is mentioned)
    RTV6: Nothing that I can find.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    We walked over to monument circle, as they where crossing the street. Chanting some crap, did not really pay attention. They fled to behind the monument, we stood on the circle. Then they left trash behind and walked away their tails bwteen their legs after roughly 15 minutes.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    We walked over to monument circle, as they where crossing the street. Chanting some crap, did not really pay attention. They fled to behind the monument, we stood on the circle. Then they left trash behind and walked away their tails bwteen their legs after roughly 15 minutes.
    I want to make sure I understand whether what is implied is accurate or not. Are you saying that they seemed to actually be scared of those there for Pro-2A or is that just how one could read-into their behavior?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I want to make sure I understand whether what is implied is accurate or not. Are you saying that they seemed to actually be scared of those there for Pro-2A or is that just how one could read-into their behavior?

I would not say they where necessarily scared, more like embarrassed. Two of them actually stood beside us before they left. It's hard for anyone to see you when you are standing behind a large statue.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I would not say they where necessarily scared, more like embarrassed. Two of them actually stood beside us before they left. It's hard for anyone to see you when you are standing behind a large statue.
    Too bad I didn't get to go, was thinking about it but by the time I woke up (had a late night at work) it was too late.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    It's hard to read much into their actions. They chose to file around us and up the stairs to the statehouse doors - perhaps because they thought that was a better backdrop for the media pictures; perhaps because they made a tactical miscalculation and didn't realize that being on the street (not blocked by the statue) gave us much more opportunity to interact with the traffic and the passers-by. I didn't see anyone in abject "fear" of us, but there were several persons who chose to cross the street instead of walking directly by us. Those who did walk past us (whether they were in the other group or not) were met with smiles and greetings. Some chose to smile back and wave; some gave us the "stink-eye" and clearly wished that nether us your our firearms were in existence.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think the "media" said there were about 50 of them. There were 25+ of us.

WIBC's story said there was about 100 of them. Maybe 100 legs, eyes, and ears, but not 100 people.

I think they might have been using the steps for something else as well because when I turned to look back I saw one of the doors to the building had been opened. But I do not know if that was coincidence, someone from the group going in, someone coming out to meet them or what? And it seemed like there might have been a little bit of speechifying. By whom I do not know.

I do think they were "afraid" of a confrontation a bit. And by confrontation, I mean coming face to the face with the fact that their demonization of firearms doesn't fit with what they see.

There are some other links in the Women's Forum. "Impromptu Meet-up" thread.

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    How does clicking one button on Facebook makes anyone a member? Anyone could do that. Their active members might be less than the active membership of this forum alone.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    How does clicking one button on Facebook makes anyone a member? Anyone could do that. Their active members might be less than the active membership of this forum alone.
    If only a single click made you a member here, would you be any less a member because the joining process was so simple? :)

Just as they have so many who clicked like, that may not be active members of their organization - there are surely people who signed up here but are inactive as well - every forum has inactive members.

Top Bottom