• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    If only a single click made you a member here, would you be any less a member because the joining process was so simple? :)

Just as they have so many who clicked like, that may not be active members of their organization - there are surely people who signed up here but are inactive as well - every forum has inactive members.

I understand, but that was not the point I was trying to make. Ok maybe this forum might not be a good example to cite.

How about NRA or GoA. They have paid membership :)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I understand, but that was not the point I was trying to make. Ok maybe this forum might not be a good example to cite.

How about NRA or GoA. They have paid membership :)
    Indeed, but I wouldn't personally make direct comparisons between them as they are far too different.

They are, however, taking donations last I looked it's just not a requirement to be a member. Think of how much the NRA and GoA would grow, if they offered a free membership.

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indeed, but I wouldn't personally make direct comparisons between them as they are far too different.

They are, however, taking donations last I looked it's just not a requirement to be a member. Think of how much the NRA and GoA would grow, if they offered a free membership.

I know, comparing with NRA or GOA would be stretching too much. I just couldn't come up with anything while I was opening my bottle of Jack for the evening. But I think you know what I meant :)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I know, comparing with NRA or GOA would be stretching too much. I just couldn't come up with anything while I was opening my bottle of Jack for the evening. But I think you know what I meant :)
    Yes, I understand your sentiment and I'm sorry if I seem argumentative. I enjoy discussing any and all sides of these sorts of issues so that I feel I best understand them.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Then they left trash behind and walked away their tails bwteen their legs after roughly 15 minutes.

Wait a sec.... you mean that after all their hoopla and build up, they were only there for FIFTEEN MINUTES?!?! :n00b::laugh:

I love the picture about them hiding behind those who defend their rights... just like so many stand behind the military who have fought and died to permit them to be able to attack our freedoms.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Wait a sec.... you mean that after all their hoopla and build up, they were only there for FIFTEEN MINUTES?!?! :n00b::laugh:

I love the picture about them hiding behind those who defend their rights... just like so many stand behind the military who have fought and died to permit them to be able to attack our freedoms.

Shannon Watts was blowing PR smoke up their .......

Shannon Watts profiles | LinkedIn

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Didn't they only have like 45k likes on FB? and of course you can't expect them to hang around, their goal is to push their agenda by getting on teevee. Mission accomplished, and they got the teevee to overstate their membership by 955k. (by using the completely misleading name...)

Induz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Yes, I understand your sentiment and I'm sorry if I seem argumentative. I enjoy discussing any and all sides of these sorts of issues so that I feel I best understand them.

It wasn't argumentative and there is no need to apologize. I believe a lot of people 'Like' pages for the heck of it and also, as you mentioned, because it is easy. Hence for me, paid membership >> Facebook Like in accessing the loyalty for a group.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    The Million Moms are hating this picture on Facebook:
    file.php

They would probably hate it more if the grammer was correct. Pretty sure Rights shoud have a comma after it and other needs an s on it.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I hoped no one would notice that. After I made it I uploaded it and then noticed the lack of a comma and the s. I guess I was in too much of a hurry to get it out there while the marches were still going on in other states. Mea Culpa!

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    They would probably hate it more if the grammer was correct. Pretty sure Rights shoud have a comma after it and other needs an s on it.
    *grammar
    *should

I hoped no one would notice that. After I made it I uploaded it and then noticed the lack of a comma and the s. I guess I was in too much of a hurry to get it out there while the marches were still going on in other states. Mea Culpa!
    It was the first thing I noticed.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    So... Fix it :)
    LOL I actually did but didn't upload it. It had been posted a lot of times without any comments to the grammar I thought no one had noticed. Here's the proper one:

file.php

I put the right one on DBN Photos too.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I didn't want to be a complete dick, haha.

Ok, clearly I am not perfect either. To be clear though, I was not trying to be a dick. Just don't need to give the anti's any reason to think we are gun toting idiots any more than they already do.

I think we are all guilty of poor grammar on the net. I find myself all the time thinking what I want to say and not getting it all typed out correctly, like *should* in the previous post.

Anyway, Sorry to Dan if it came off as being a dick.

Top Bottom