• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    If you are not looking to buy it, then it does not matter what price it is. The poster of the item can set whatever price they decide. The potential purchaser decides if the price is appropriate.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    [STRIKE]IMO it's very high, unless there's something special that we're all missing.
    [/STRIKE]

As soon as I see something from him I close the ad anyway. It doesn't matter if it was something I was interested in or not. Member since 2012 with only 55 REAL posts and 137 in the classifieds. Not a site supporter. His intent is clear to me. He's here to buy/sell for his own interests without bothering to give back in any way.

Edit: After looking again he doesn't appear to be as far off as I originally thought. Bocefus78 nailed it. The special part is the MOS. I missed that the first time. Easy to do with everything run together IN ALL CAPS with the wrong wording and grammar.

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    It is my limited understanding that the mos version cost more than a standard 19. It's new and of no interest to me so I have no real experience to back that statement up fwiw.

But yea, I wouldn't make a habit of pointing out ads for price.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Took a quick look again and edited my first post. Checked gunbroker. Looks like he isn't too far off after all. There were a few 19's there that were along that price line. The larger framed ones were $700. All NIB where his has been fired (not much, but has been).

So I learned something from this thread.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My dad used to say,

"...something is worth exactly what you can get someone to give you for it at any given moment."

A 1 ounce bar of gold may have a market value of hundreds of dollars, but only if someone will pay you that for it when you want to sell it.
    Pet Rocks were a perfect example.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Buds lists them at $699, but they are out of stock. The Burris Fast Fire iii runs about $200. Factor in shipping, transfer, and taxes. So price point is not out of line. It is just nothing I would buy.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    My apologies for not including this in my original post, but I had a 2-year-old pulling at my shirt and I posted in haste. I wasn't trying to call the guy out or put my nose in his business. I was honestly asking because I didn't know. Every once in a while, I glance at the classifieds to see what prices are like on G19 gen 4s as it is one I'm considering for my first purchase. I happened to see the above ad and was curious about the price. I was looking to find out if it was overpriced or legit for my reference. I didn't know that "MOS" meant anything special. Thanks for educating me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WHY IS HE YELLING?

Reading that ad gave me the fantods. And no wonder I didn't recognize the name, hasn't posted anything other than ads since hitting the magic number 2 1/2 years ago.

:n00b:

And, no, there's nothing wrong with asking the community if something is a good deal - that's what we're here for. A seller can ask whatever they like, but you too can ask if it's a fair price.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

X2, lol..... and he even made reference to correcting another word.

On the serious tip OP. No, it's not your place to call out the seller like that. Honestly, I naturally assumed these types of thread were verboten. If somebody is willing to pay his price, due to ignorance, that's on them. INGO is a resource, if a potential buyer asks "What's a good price for a Glock XX" we will steer him right. If he's too lazy to research it himself, kudos to the seller for making a profit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    WHY IS HE YELLING?

Reading that ad gave me the fantods. And no wonder I didn't recognize the name, hasn't posted anything other than ads since hitting the magic number 2 1/2 years ago.

:n00b:

And, no, there's nothing wrong with asking the community if something is a good deal - that's what we're here for. A seller can ask whatever they like, but you too can ask if it's a fair price.

....Without diming out the seller. That's a pretty significant difference.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    On the serious tip OP. No, it's not your place to call out the seller like that. Honestly, I naturally assumed these types of thread were verboten. If somebody is willing to pay his price, due to ignorance, that's on them. INGO is a resource, if a potential buyer asks "What's a good price for a Glock XX" we will steer him right. If he's too lazy to research it himself, kudos to the seller for making a profit.

....Without diming out the seller. That's a pretty significant difference.
    Again, my intent wasn't to call out the seller in a negative light as my hastily written first post may have seemed. I was legitimately trying to figure out if it was overpriced. If I hadn't put in a link to the classified post, someone wouldn't have pointed out that the MOS was different and I would have just assumed that he was price gouging as was my original assumption. I was trying to figure out if his G19 was somehow different and it is.

Top Bottom