Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Who is counting, or where is the counter located at ?
    Its a joke.
    If all you care about is the classifieds just pay the $20 and go on. We are a (dysfunctional) family/community here that likes to share and chat. You seem to only be worried about a shiny and your best option is just pay the $20.
    There is wisdom in these words. (And no, staff are all volunteers and we dont get a cut)

If there is something shiny in the classifieds you want, or if you want to unload something you no longer want, just become a site supporter. its less than $1.70 per month. you'll pay more than that for a coffee.

But if you do want to do it the hard way, read threads, digest what has already been said in a conversation, and give a paragraph (or more) with your insight, advice, two cents, whatever. When you havent read the entire thread and a mod has, it is usually pretty evident when a runner (slang for someone racing to 50 ) is doing his thing.

Assuming you have done that, this reply would not be quality:
    "I like my 10/22. Its a good rifle. Not sure why you are having trouble with it."

This would.:
    "I like my 10/22. Its a good rifle. Not sure why you are having trouble with it.
    What I really like about mine is how many accessories there are for it. Have you accessorized yours? Have you considered putting it back to stock config and see if that is the issue?" (assuming this hasnt already been suggested)

And it is obvious to staff when somebody is running. They are going from thread to thread, posting one or two lines every 3 or so minutes, when they couldnt have made it through one thread in its entirety reading all the other posts.

Those "not quality" posts will get deleted by staff and in some cases, "spinning your wheels" on the run to 50 because your post count doesnt increase due to the deletions.

Hope that helps.

And if you want to make sure you dont lose posts due to quality, take your time. When I wanted to get to 50 I think it took me about 5 or 6 days. And not a single post was deleted because I engaged and didnt just throw text up to increase the post count.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Its a joke.

There is wisdom in these words. (And no, staff are all volunteers and we dont get a cut)

If there is something shiny in the classifieds you want, or if you want to unload something you no longer want, just become a site supporter. its less than $1.70 per month. you'll pay more than that for a coffee.

But if you do want to do it the hard way, read threads, digest what has already been said in a conversation, and give a paragraph (or more) with your insight, advice, two cents, whatever. When you havent read the entire thread and a mod has, it is usually pretty evident when a runner (slang for someone racing to 50 ) is doing his thing.

Assuming you have done that, this reply would not be quality:
    "I like my 10/22. Its a good rifle. Not sure why you are having trouble with it."

This would.:
    "I like my 10/22. Its a good rifle. Not sure why you are having trouble with it.
    What I really like about mine is how many accessories there are for it. Have you accessorized yours? Have you considered putting it back to stock config and see if that is the issue?" (assuming this hasnt already been suggested)

And it is obvious to staff when somebody is running. They are going from thread to thread, posting one or two lines every 3 or so minutes, when they couldnt have made it through one thread in its entirety reading all the other posts.

Those "not quality" posts will get deleted by staff and in some cases, "spinning your wheels" on the run to 50 because your post count doesnt increase due to the deletions.

Hope that helps.

And if you want to make sure you dont lose posts due to quality, take your time. When I wanted to get to 50 I think it took me about 5 or 6 days. And not a single post was deleted because I engaged and didnt just throw text up to increase the post count.
    I honestly don't know how long it too for me, I didn't come for the classifieds. I came asking about something for one of the pistols I owned at the time. I didn't even get involved in the classies for years.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like I got here just in time. @Salmonslice , welcome to INGO. Going through this thread it appears some of the regulars are all wound up on sugar and/or adult beverages.

If this looks like I just copied and pasted this, well I did. More to follow, must find leftovers...

50 quality posts are required for access to the classifieds. Site Supporter status bypasses this, but the vetting process of being an active member here is why many choose to use the classifieds here.

INGO is a discussion forum with a classifieds section. We are not Armslist or Gunbroker. We are more like a big dysfunctional family than anything, but it's OUR big dysfunctional family.

In my signature line (along with the links to the site and classifieds rules) you'll see "come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion." That sums up a lot about INGO.

Also we are different from most places on the Interwebz since we quite often know each other in the realz. We have shot together, eaten together, and cried together when we lost more friends than I can count.

Like I said: come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    The easiest way to 50 "quality" posts is to complement the mods on their wisdom, competence, insight, and all around awesomeness. However, forking over $20 is probably less demeaning. :stickpoke:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The easiest way to 50 "quality" posts is to complement the mods on their wisdom, competence, insight, and all around awesomeness. However, forking over $20 is probably less demeaning. :stickpoke:
    We do bring an awesome level of awesomeness.

Salmonslice

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Somehow I already have 10 post and I’ve only made 1 so I suppose reply’s count…

Also if you guys think being dysfunctional was a thing prior to me arriving, think again, I brought the whole circus with me, arriving late for a reason here

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    :bow:

Oh. Wait. I already have 50 "quality" posts. Never mind.
    The level of scrutiny definitely decreases at the 51 post mark. Unless it's a situation like we had Saturday, but there were a lot of moving pieces with that one.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just wish I could purchase already … who do I have to pay? I’m cash ready
    THe link to site supporter is in the classified rules.

Please understand I'm not meaning this in a rude way. I'm not linking directly because if you are asking that question, it tells me you have NOT read the rules of the classifieds. If you had you would know the answer already. Which means you are gonna screw up and get in trouble, and possibly lose access to the classifieds because you dont follow some rather quirky rules we have here.

The link to the rules are here:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just wish I could purchase already … who do I have to pay? I’m cash ready
    You’re almost 1/4 of the way there. Peruse the site and join in the conversation and you’ll be to the 50 post bogey in no time.

It was mentioned up thread but just so you know that if you get to the 50 post mark there will be some folks on here that might be reluctant to deal with you until they know you better. Getting 50 posts simply checks the software box to allow you to PM other users, etc. It doesn’t cause them to want to buy/sell with you.

Also, in case it hasn’t been mentioned yet, the classifieds are a perk for participating members. Making a run to 50 and then living in the classifieds can get that perk revoked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom