• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minny1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I have a taurus pt111g2 9mm I am having a problem with the ammo catching on the feed ramp I was woundering if this is a common issue with this modal or if its just me... i tryed putting different ammo (guard dog) and cycling it same problem it doesn't do it as much but it still does it

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    How many rounds have been fired through the pt111? I used to have a pt945 that developed the same problem after I'm guessing 5-6000 rounds downrange. Solved it by replacing the recoil spring. One quick change and no more misfeeds. Not saying that's your problem, but it might be a potential solution.

minny1990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    How many rounds have been fired through the pt111? I used to have a pt945 that developed the same problem after I'm guessing 5-6000 rounds downrange. Solved it by replacing the recoil spring. One quick change and no more misfeeds. Not saying that's your problem, but it might be a potential solution.

Less then 50 rounds I haven't had alot of range time at all with it thats what worried me since its brand new and did this right out of the box 0.o"

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    In that case, I don't really know what to tell you. Maybe have a gunsmith look at it or send it in to Taurus. It's possible you have a lack of quality control from the factory--no irony intended.

Hope you get it sorted out, no matter how you do it.

mlockhart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Noblesville IN
    Use FMJ ammo for the first 250rds and keep it well lubed, your still in your breaking period let things ware in a little. Getting the feed ramp polished if the problem persists is a good idea, semi auto can also be picky about HP ammo

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a taurus pt111g2 9mm I am having a problem with the ammo catching on the feed ramp I was woundering if this is a common issue with this modal or if its just me... i tryed putting different ammo (guard dog) and cycling it same problem it doesn't do it as much but it still does it

When you are saying "cycling it" are you doing that by hand or shooting it? Just to clarify, is the issue happening while shooting or just manually cycling rounds through the gun?

What kind of ammo besides the guard dog have you tried?

Top Bottom